Reaction score
Punishment Type: Ban
Appeal Type: Dispute
Which staff member issued the punishment?: Pug
How long were you banned/blacklisted for?: 2 Days

Your Steam Name: EVIL
Your Roleplay Name: Viktor Belisnky
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:19490979

Why were you banned/blacklisted?: 1.4, 3.4 - User failed to adhere to gunpoint, once spoken to about the situation refused to hand over the items that he would of lost

Why should this appeal be considered?: Provided below are two clips of the event, the first is from Pug's perspective, the second if from my perspective.

Pugs perspective:-
https://gyazo.com/ec713aedb702648bf3dcfc51f79fe2ff

My perspective:-
https://gyazo.com/dba20d7411cca479bd28b4200838ae08

In terms of rule 1.4 I was not willing to hand over the items without a review of the situation by another member of staff in-person. I was not permitted to speak with a more senior member of staff, instead an apparent message from Collier was copied into the looc chat by Pug. I stated that I would rather be banned and make the appeal here, than go through the process of dropping all of the items, and then having to make both a staff complaint and a refund request.

In terms of rule 3.4, I believe the ban is void for several reasons. Firstly, as can be seen in the clip from my perspective, I carefully checked the environment before approaching the dealer. This can be seen at 0:11 - 0:18 where I slowly approach, look around, and even crouch to see through the trees and make sure it is clear. Secondly, upon hearing a voice which is not my friends I immediately run and attempt to leave the area before any harm comes to me. As can be seen in the video from my perspective, I never saw the mugger or the gun, I had no idea at the time of their location, however I knew they could not be immediately next to me as I had checked the environment and had heard no approaching footsteps. As I had not seen the mugger or the gun, I believed it was clear for me to attempt to escape before I could be gun-pointed. Which is something that I successfully managed, escaping after only being shot once....

... But where was this mugger?, well if you watch the video clip provided by Pug, you will see that the mugger was actually positioned about 30 feet into the air, on top of the monorail roof. It was from this position that he attempted to gunpoint me. You can see in the video from his perspective that before I ever started running, I was never under direct gunpoint. Also, a straight and quick sprint is all that was necessary to reach safety.

As you might expect, I was not anticipating a mugger to be positioned not only 30 feet away, but 30 feet up in the air, and so I neglected to search the roof of the monorail. Much like I neglected to search the top of any of the surrounding boulders, or the highway which overlooks the monorail. Or perhaps some other distant location at which there could have been a sniper waiting for me.

Instead of breaking rule 3.4, I think the issue here is Pug's ridiculous positioning, and attempting to mug someone when your quickest path to the victim (and their items) is a 30 foot drop.

In case it is not clear enough, I believe the ban is void for the following reasons:-

(1) As can be seen from both perspectives, I never see a gun being pointed at me, instead I hear someone shout, and decide to run while I still can. (In other words, from my perspective, the only perspective I unfortunately have at any given time, I could not see a mugger gun-pointing me)

(2) The path to escape was quick and simple and effective, which can be proved as I quickly escaped with my life

Finally, if the Pug and the rest of the PH staff team are suggesting that from now on, I can simply stand behind someone (or perhaps above them) so I am out of sight and shout "PUT YOUR HANDS UP BOTH OF YOU, PUT YOUR HANDS UP" and that person MUST immediately stop whatever they are doing and comply with my demands, regardless of whether or not they have any reason to suspect I am armed, then I will be having a great time when my ban expires, causing everyone in the city to stop and drop all of their items without them ever seeing me.

Reaction score

We have reviewed the dispute and have decided that you still broke 3.4 even with your actions of scouting out the area beforehand. We believe that you should have at least looked around at that point, as he could have (which we was in this situation) be hiding in a place you didn't look for. However, we have agreed that the place that you were gunpointed from for the purpose of a mugging was unrealistic, but you are still expected to follow gunpoint if you disagree with it under rule 2.6. We have opted to remove the ban, remove the 1.4 part and warn you instead as you should not have been forced to hand over items. Please make a refund request for any items lost, and they will be returned to you.

Reviewed with @blackdown @Super_

Status
Not open for further replies.