Punishment Type: Warning
Appeal Type: Dispute
Which staff member issued the punishment?: Pug
How long were you banned/blacklisted for?: Not Applicable

Your Steam Name: Gerkin
Your Roleplay Name: Arnold Gerkin
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:58078054

Why were you banned/blacklisted?: 3.4 - user failed to adhere to gunpoint

Why should this appeal be considered?: The gunpoint was not obvious and could not be seen since the mugger was on top of a building.

My immediate reaction upon hearing the voice was to pull out my gun to defend myself, which was seemingly from nowhere, until I saw Pugs video, as the area appeared clear. In my view there was neither a gun or person present until I heard the voice, at that point it was apparent there was someone in the area, but no gun until my friend was shot just as I pulled out my weapon.

Pug took 366 marijuana which I would like taken from him an returned, along with the warning removed and Pug appropriately punished.

Additional Information: My perspective - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpBjwyJr3Qc
Pug's perspective - https://gyazo.com/ec713aedb702648bf3dcfc51f79fe2ff

Reaction score
I would also like to add the following.

From 5.1 - Players may only mug other players in a realistic manner

I would argue that mugging someone from the top of a building is not 'in a realistic manner'.

Also Pug argued in the admin situation that we could clearly see him, but as you can see from my video that is not the case. He countered this with 'you should be more aware of your surroundings', but how often do you need to look on top of a building for any potential threats? This is the first time after many years of playing Perp I have seen a situation like this, so would argue almost never. This is likely because no-one else would mug other players in such a manner as it isn't realistic to do so.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I would also like to add the following.

From 5.1 - Players may only mug other players in a realistic manner

I would argue that mugging someone from the top of a building is not 'in a realistic manner'.

Also Pug argued in the admin situation that we could clearly see him, but as you can see from my video that is not the case. He countered this with 'you should be more aware of your surroundings', but how often do you need to look on top of a building for any potential threats? This is the first time after many years of playing Perp I have seen a situation like this, so would argue almost never. This is likely because no-one else would mug other players in such a manner as it isn't realistic to do so.
Upload the admin sit, I explained that if players with no playtime can see me I’m sure you can, or Atleast check the area before selling drugs. Every time you sell drugs you should make sure the area is clear

Reaction score
Upload the admin sit, I explained that if players with no playtime can see me I’m sure you can, or Atleast check the area before selling drugs. Every time you sell drugs you should make sure the area is clear
Feel free to upload the admin sit yourself.

Please refer to the 'My perspective' video in my initial post, you can clearly see that I can't see you, despite having a full view of the monorail station at one point. You can also see we scanned the area before approaching the dealer.

Reaction score
Perhaps you would like to refer to my ban appeal in regards to your positioning, and just to what length we should go to in order to determine if it is safe.

As for the admin sit, that did not resolve the situation, as there are currently two appeals, so I do not see what use it would be here. However, if you wanted to post it, you were there yourself, so I'm sure getting the clip won't be too hard. I don't think Gerkin or myself will be posting it though, as it is not a relevant detail in the appeal template.

Reaction score

In this situation, we have decided that you still broke 3.4 regardless of whether Pug's actions are within the rules/justified. Rule 2.6 makes it clear that you are still expected to follow rules even if they are broken. However, we have agreed that the place in which you were gun pointed from for a mugging was pretty unrealistic and as such we will return your items to you. Please make a refund request, and we will get these back from the staff member. The warning will still remain as you admit in this dispute you pulled out your weapon upon hearing Pug saying "drop your weapon", when you should have at least checked your surroundings before pulling out your gun as the mugger was well hidden, and in future situations the mugger could be too.

Reviewed with @blackdown @Super_

Status
Not open for further replies.