Punishment Subtype: Server Ban
Appeal Type: Dispute[Evidence]
Which staff member issued the punishment?: @Shay
How long were you banned/blacklisted for?: 2 Days

Your Steam Name: devilsson716
Your Roleplay Name: Jake Joyner
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:580571226

Why were you punished?: Failure to comply at gunpoint

Why should this appeal be considered?: I'm trying to get my friends into this instead of playing fivem and trying to get a 4 door vehicle so we can all roll around together i really needed the money to progress and i would have rather the cop shot me instead of letting me get away and reporting me. i just bought 2 steam keys for them and im still learning myself, i typically comply but that was a hard theft and i feel that at that difficulty it should just be kos

Additional Information: [2:04 PM]
ThatKracker:
i got off not long after that i think? it was around 6am and i had been on for like 5 hours with my friends i was talking to him i just wasnt hitting x, like a noob
but it was a hard theft difficulty, like the value of the car warrants the use of lethal force, or like shoot out my tires he had so many opportunities, shooting out the tires, slashing them while im pinched, shooting me until i was unconscious and waited for emt to arrive idk maybe id be a bad cop with that judgement lol

[2:09 PM]
Shay:
you must comply under gunpoint mate
also if lets say you shot at cops and tried to flee
as long as you are under gunpoint you must comply

[2:14 PM]
ThatKracker:
ah yeah that takes the adrenaline rush out of it i was hoping hed start shooting its just hard to rp that its your only life and not like gta
but again like he could have just disabled the vehicle?

[2:18 PM]
Shay:
he could, but you broke the rules by not complying
he should have to

[2:21 PM]
ThatKracker:
thats exactly what happens in real life i mean we see it in cop shows all the time that exact scenario
you dont taze, or fail to disable the vehicle the criminal gets away plain and simple, the escapist doesnt roll down the window and start having a conversation with the cop its a 1m dollar stolen vehicle who wants to surrender with that capability thats kind of where its not fair or realistic to just get out of the vehicle like that hes expecting an easy arrest in a high stakes gamble

[2:24 PM]
Shay:
your life worth more than the car
if there is a gun aimed to your head
you comply

[2:28 PM]
ThatKracker:
hypothetically speaking i was equipped with bullet/sound proof windows, its a buggati; if i bought a car like that id definitely have that installed since i have that amount of money like dont pull out the gun if you wont use it go throw a spike strip while im stuck it was just a hilarious instant for me and im sorry that it was frustrating for yall but i mean why do the mission swap the hard cars for easy if i have that amount of speed its easy to get away where as a hard car would be slow and easy to stop
thats just not fun as my role play to be a ready to die criminal if i plan on stealing a car

[2:30 PM]
Shay:
we dont have bullet proof windows in the server but the swat van, you have a fast car ur purpose is to not get to position where you get directly gunpointed

[2:36 PM]
ThatKracker:
line we
like if im on the street walking around and someone pulls a gun yeah comply you have no escape its just a lame report my vehicle functioned we see that exact scenario all the time and i have to be banned because of carrying it out just youtube police chases he should have got back in his car and pinched me harder to force me out of the car cause he put his life on the line by being so lenient
i get it man but thats literally playing pretend im trying to make this fun for people in their 30s and more realistic than fivem i spent all night training 2 new players and its gonna be a downer to tell them how frankly the rules and situations are thats why im investing so much effort into this is for them if it wasnt for that id just take the ban understandingly but i want to continue to help them too in game
not leading a great example myself, but under the circumstances itll just turn them down too where they want to try to learn

[2:42 PM]
Shay:
mate at the end of the day, you broke the rule, rules are meant for you to have fun and be able to rp normally, if everyone decide they wanna die as criminals then there will be a mess

[2:43 PM]
ThatKracker:
but a mess employs workers and creates experiences, i wanted that cop to open fire and im disappointed he didnt
i wanted popped tires and all that i was having fun i stole an expensive car, light it up or hes gonna get away
like its just breeding cry babies "oh i held him at gunpoint but didnt bother to shoot to weaken his chances of getting away... so he did. he should not be able to do that thats unfair" said rookie cop
like that is not role play brother
buncha

[2:47 PM]
Shay:
when u play the server more maybe also as cop you will see what we mean
also as crim when you do stuff like taking a hostage

[2:48 PM]
ThatKracker:
cant they rip you out the car?

[2:48 PM]
Shay:
they can use battering ram
but u need to equip it

[2:49 PM]
ThatKracker:
ok so equip something effective instead of just using a cheap rule like thats cheating with extra steps

[2:50 PM]
Shay:
mate thats the rule and that makes sense, you being gunpointed you need to do ur best to stay alive and not get shot
and for that u need to comply with orders

ThatKracker:
brother im in a bugatti my best chance of survival is escaping

Shay:
not when u have been stopped to nearly a full stop

[2:51 PM]
ThatKracker:
should of been but he gave me room and time to escape
right when he got out of the vehicle he could have eqipped the battering ram
when i got stuck the second time, again. and also the third.

[2:53 PM]
Shay:
it doesnt matter anymore man

ThatKracker:
am i unbanned

Shay:
no

[2:54 PM]
ThatKracker:
shay thats dumb do you want me to send you youtube videos of real like police chases

[2:55 PM]
Shay:
no man im good, there is a rule and there is no question you broke it

ThatKracker:
were you the cop that pulled me over
tried to anyway

Shay:
no, a report was made
i was the staff who dealt with it

[2:56 PM]
ThatKracker:
its flawed logic to ban me for 2 days instead of someone whos more experienced than me to not use the tools given

[2:57 PM]
Shay:
he didnt break the rules

[2:57 PM]
ThatKracker:
he abused them

Reaction score
You clearly broke the rules in the evidence?

it sounds more like you think the punishment is to severe, if that is the case please make a staff complaint.

If you instead want to apologise for breaking rule 3.4, please make an Apology, I’m sure shay would appreciate a heartfelt apology!

Reaction score

There is nothing to dispute here as it's absolutely clear that you broke gunpoint. If you feel that the punishment is too severe, then you should make a Staff Complaint as @Goonsberg said above.

Reviewed with @Efan

Status
Not open for further replies.