Reaction score
Punishment Type: Ban
Appeal Type: Dispute
Which staff member issued the punishment?: Valentine
How long were you banned/blacklisted for?: 1 Week

Your Steam Name: ClumsySpyTTV
Your Roleplay Name: Sheamus Macklin
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:81746803

Why were you banned/blacklisted?: 1.2, 4.1, 1.1 - The player as an officer, called out the residents of an apartment using a slur, acting against the law 4.2 by violating the Code of Ethics & called the staff member "an idiot" in the report created

Why should this appeal be considered?: I'm just going to be quite blunt here and say that this is the MOST ridiculous of bans I've ever seen. It's clearly personal with Valentine, whether that's against me or the gang I'm with, I'm not sure entirely. You only have to check his/her ban list against my gang members... I can tell you this though, they do not appear mature enough to deal with the bans on this sever and I'll follow that up with a staff report.

For the ban. I was attending slums as a police officer, I was checking all the doors and the occupants of 4, let's call them the helper/admin group were inside, saying things such as "Sheamus is a nonce" "He's just a paedo" which is a long running joke since Collier created signs and posters with my image saying I had touched 12 year old children. I wasn't offended, I didn't open a report or cry about it in OCC. I RP'd it out, it's a RP server right?

Anyway, in response I made the following comment "Slums 4 come to the door or your mom's gay", meant as a joke, not offensive nor meant in an offensive manner. At the time nobody said anything about it being offensive, people have said worse in OOC like the word "fag" and haven't even so much as received a warning.

The ban is excessive, at most this could have been a warning or a talking to, not to use the word gay in Paralake. Not sure exactly who would be offended by that, but if there is, I can assure you it wasn't anybody inside Slums 4 for any reason other than they are admin/helpers and they can just open a staff report for it.

Is this not what an IA is for? If they was offended, then ask for a supervisor or create an IA and provide a clip, get me blacklisted as a police officer but noooo let's create a staff report and ban them for what was initially 3 days, then extended to 1 week because I said "Valentine, you're an idiot", this further reassuring my point that they are unable to take their emotions out of reports. Not a great staff member.

Hoping someone more senior can pick this up and explain why "Slums 4 come to the door or your mom's gay" as a joke is so offensive it's worthy of a 3 day ban removing ANY ELEMENT OF RP whatsoever, then I'd love to hear your view on it.

BTW:- Just to add, my comment wasn't directed at ANYBODY, not a single person. I didn't call out a specific person and make that comment, I literally outside the door when I made that comment. It's actually ridiculous.

@Valentine advises that the word I used was a slur under 1.2, here is a list of current protected slurs under hate speech. Gay the word itself is not covered, it can neither be hate speech nor homophobic. - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Homophobic_slurs

As a UK RP server, I can tell you that the word gay wouldn't even be covered under section 5 of the public order act 1986, making such a statements as "open the door or your mom's gay" wouldn't cause intentional alarm or distress, nor is it homophobic. So, where exactly is the issue? Hoping common sense will prevail here.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Please see SS of report.

Attachments

• lol.png
    lol.png
    60.6 KB · Views: 34
  • lol2.png
    lol2.png
    60.9 KB · Views: 33
Reaction score

Referring to a people, group of people or otherwise as "gay" with intent to insult them suggests that not being straight is a bad thing and thus is homophobia.

As a UK RP server, I can tell you that the word gay wouldn't even be covered under section 5 of the public order act 1986, making such a statements as "open the door or your mom's gay" wouldn't cause intentional alarm or distress, nor is it homophobic. So, where exactly is the issue? Hoping common sense will prevail here.
This server is not of British origin and does not intend to imitate British RP in any way other than very minor inspiration for some of the wording of the laws thus the public order act has 0 correlation to the server or the rules/laws within it.

Status
Not open for further replies.