Ban lengths

Reaction score
when I was a mod, I always found banning people to be a bit of a pointless scheme. Unless it was blatantly on purpose, I felt that if a player was ignorant to a rule violation then you can't really see it as them being malicious so i would usually just warn them to ensure that it was on their record; because honestly I don't see anyone wanting to read a giant boring wall of text all the time.
What DB and Jack did was really very obviously against the rules, and they should've known that. So for them to just be banned for a week, they would still probably have their gains afterwards which isn't fair on people who are never really in violation of 2.4, as much as they probably would like to be

Last edited:
Reaction score
If you didn't wish to get banned you shouldn't of done something that you knew was against the rules. See you in a year.

Reaction score
When I was banned for 2.4 almost 3 years ago it was a permanent ban, this is light work and would probably be reduced if not removed after two weeks due to both of them being relatively good players and polite.

Seems like an odd post, this ruling has always had a >=6mo ban.

Reaction score
@Kempotent Such an irrelevant argument. You're a cop main therefore you cannot have an opinion? Please, stop kidding yourself. There are only a few rules worthy of a ban over 3 -6 months. And thats:
Hacking
Disrespect (On a toxic level)
Mass RDM
and buying money with real currency.

All of those are serious offences as they ruin gameplay in one way or another. The price doesn't particularly matter. I'm sure you can guess it was enough if he got a year ban.

Reaction score
@celaion I did, and he still broke the rules and knew it'd be a long ban. And others knew it would be to. As much as it sucks he broke the rules and has to face the consequences. They knew it was a long ban, but still did it.

Reaction score
If PERPHeads was a multi million dollar corporation then I guess "Not letting the owner get a small amount of money" Wouldn't be an issue, just like how people bypass the facebook marketplace's system by setting the price to "Free" but including the price in the title, but in reality, this is a small gaming community which you don't have to pay a penny for being apart of that runs off of donations. You can quite easily play the game properly without VIP, as many players do, which already in itself is sacrificing potential income in favour of having an actual playerbase.

By removing the money that was purchased, only half the situation is resolved. Someone still has that paypal cash at the end of the day, which cannot just be "Removed" and would have to willingly be forfeited in order to fully resolve the situation, which is unlikely.

Obviously people selling and buying PERP cash deserve a ban. Whether or not I think such a long ban is warranted is something I'll keep to myself, But you can't deny that its an issue that needs to be addressed and dealt with upon it happening.

Reaction score
@Knoxy82 But that only affects the person who paid for it, its a heavily one sided punishment. The person who sold it obviously never cared about it enough to not want it gone, and as a result, has received REAL money in exchange for it.

Reaction score
Compared to the good old days the bans are way shorter now and this would most likely be a permanent ban.

Reaction score
I'm going to put the severity of this into perspective for you.

When you join the server your first task it to make money by any means necessary, within the rules of course. You start off with nearly nothing and work your way up, leveling, upgrading, buying, selling and occasionally gambling skills, items and money, the last part with the exception of skills, you don't gamble skills.

The intended way to do this is to start working as a paramedic, firefighter, roadcrew or courier. If you feel really brave you can tackle police head on and learn it as fast as you can. The second primary way is drugs, very risky. You're essentially putting all your eggs in one basket when you do this and you just hope you succeed or you'll be back at square one and have to apply for a job. It's not that bad, it just means you're set back a few hours. Once you succeed it's rinse and repeat for a few weeks until you have the millions you want. This takes time, and doing this without premium will force you to spend nearly double the amount of time than if you donated to the server for premium, practically doubling your income once you do.

Of course, all that takes time so let's imagine all that work, and you just allow a shortcut on the side of that where you can just fast-track everything because you were fortunate enough to have loads of money IRL that you can just dump into the game and buy IG cash from another guy looking to make a quick profit. A new player with two hours playtime will have a bugatti, a lambo and hundreds of rifles in the most severe cases and end up with no desire to donate to the server itself because the benefits do not outweigh the ones that come with buying money from another player.

If 2.4 never existed then a majority of people who have disposable income will donate to other players on the server. This is a terrible thing, because the server NEEDS donations to keep running, you're not contributing anything to the community but for your own gain and is an extremely shortsighted way of looking at it. What'll most likely happen is the server will eventually eat shit because the income from donations that usually keep it up just vanishes. Sure there'll be some people who want to donate to keep the server running but it's not sustainable in the long run.

You would never need premium because you don't ever grow drugs because you bought your money. You'll never need a physgun because there's no reason to build a base to grow drugs. You won't ever need to donate more than once to get access to premium vehicles for the time you need to buy the car you want. So why donate more than once if at all?

Without 2.4 and In the cases where premium becomes useful for basing, you're creating a playground for people who join the server every day to grow drugs, sell the drugs, then sell the IG money they made for IRL funds.

It's pretty obvious why the bans are so long, you're not supporting the server in any way if you break 2.4. Like @Misel said, you'd have received a permanent ban back in 2014 and in most cases with no chance of appeal IIRC.

Last edited: