Are ban lengths too high in general?

Do you believe most of bans issued by staff are too long for their reason?

• Yes, ban lengths should be reduced with more emphasis on positive reinforcement

Votes: 47 68.1%
  • No, ban lengths are fine and its the rule-breakers responsibility to act better

Votes: 13 18.8%
  • Neither

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • I can't conduct myself

Votes: 8 11.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
So since we are on the discussion of PERPS death, do you believe that most bans issued by staff are too lengthy and extreme?
Ofcourse we have the issue of certain cases and histories rewarding certain ban lengths.

Personally I think yes. This American style harsh punishment does nothing but create salt-fest ARs because of the lengthy ban associated with it being accepted. It also does nothing to reinforce good behaviour, you just get bananad for two weeks.

Not talking about forum or shoutbox bans.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
gIPJdoL.gif

We had this sort of discussion in the staff section before, you could always see pages full of red permabans for minor shit but yet it still happens, forcing them to make an appeal or not at all both of which is pretty bad. This ban is a good example .
IqcsP43.png

Reaction score
yes and no, I couldn't care less if a british 12 year old screams in my face, i'd just ban him permanently straight up, but if he actually is nice and conducts himself in the admin sit and so on then I ban him for a lower time obviously?!?!?!

I think it's how people conduct themselves in and before hand, we're lazy and don't add it to the reasons sometimes.

Reaction score
yes and no, I couldn't care less if a british 12 year old screams in my face, i'd just ban him permanently straight up, but if he actually is nice and conducts himself in the admin sit and so on then I ban him for a lower time obviously?!?!?!

I think it's how people conduct themselves in and before hand, we're lazy and don't add it to the reasons sometimes.
well daymon i didnt get a admin sit i just was in jail cells then all of a suden boom banned without being warned or anything i brought no harm in my actions just some simple ss fun memeing on april fools day

Reaction score
well daymon i didnt get a admin sit i just was in jail cells then all of a suden boom banned without being warned or anything i brought no harm in my actions just some simple ss fun memeing on april fools day
Dispute + Staff Complaint = $$$
Though I doubt your dispute will be dealt with in time before you are unbanned.

I think you should have just been demoted or slapped on the wrist. These bans for memeing and foolery is just aids cuz admins are cold goblins except daymon love you

Reaction score
Dispute + Staff Complaint = $$$
Though I doubt your dispute will be dealt with in time before you are unbanned.

I think you should have just been demoted or slapped on the wrist. These bans for memeing and foolery is just aids cuz admins are cold goblins except daymon love you
no point making a dispute know its gonna get denied

Reaction score
Maximum ban - 1 month,whatever reason it is.

EDIT - MASS RDM/CHEATING NOT ALLOWED,THEY GET PERMA.

Last edited:
Reaction score
if you know they're never coming back then perma them there is no reason to ban someone who plays regularly for long periods of time they don't research the rules when they're banned

Reaction score
Maybe make some sheet regarding maximum ban for different rules? Obviously bans depends from record and severety as well. But it could be something?

Deleted member 4116

Maybe make some sheet regarding maximum ban for different rules? Obviously bans depends from record and severety as well. But it could be something?
On alot of Arma servers they use point based punishments. For example, if you break 2.5 you get 10 warning points and when you break 3.4 you get 10 aswell. So those 2 together are 20 points and 20 points let’s say is a 3 day ban. So your points will stay after you get unbanned. If you break those rules again your points will go up, and so does the punishment. But yeah, somebody already suggested this but it got denied.

Reaction score
I
On alot of Arma servers they use point based punishments. For example, if you break 2.5 you get 10 warning points and when you break 3.4 you get 10 aswell. So those 2 together are 20 points and 20 points let’s say is a 3 day ban. So your points will stay after you get unbanned. If you break those rules again your points will go up, and so does the punishment. But yeah, somebody already suggested this but it got denied.
It doesn't need to work like A3 servers. It could be different. But if they don't like it i guess it won't happen.

Reaction score
I personally believe bans should be punishment for the deservingly not something like oh you ran away from gunpoint your getting a 2 week ban. Even if this person has a large amount of warnings as long as it doesn't appear that this individual was purposley trying to break the rules to attempt and cause havoc within the community. Why should they receive a ban at all? And if they do why can't you make it for a few days? Saving longer bans for people who actually deserve them, RDMers and Cheaters will greatly improve this dying player base. We all know the reason perp is dying and it sure as hell isnt the lack of content, because content is here. If the staff want to save perp they will realize their mistakes and attempt to correct them. Stop handing out lengthily bans for small thins like 3.4 if the individual didn't mean to break the rule in the first place. If they love the server, then a 1-3 day ban for nearly an offense, will make them realize what they did was wrong, and will greatly reduce the chances of them doing it in the future. Now yes you may argue when longer bans are given it makes people realize there mistakes and not repeat their actions, this only works because people who receive 6 month bans for running away under gunpoint or something stupid like that never come back, nor have the desire to come back to a community where they get banned for half a year or months for dumb ass things.

Reaction score
web_SicilySaltMine_CLEAN.00_00_08_11.Still001.jpg

no
:^)

just behave and dont get banned, its all good :) no need for change yes yes very constructive reply yes