Server Suggestion Bank robbery insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Bank robbery insurance
Suggestion Description: Backstory:
I was told by DD that the bank is full of money so i got 2 of my homies and robbed it successfully while 3 or 4 cops were on. Turns out we each got paid $4225. This means I lost money as the vault cracker costs more than my payout.

Suggestion:
I suggest to increase the lower end so the bank robbery host doesn't walk away with a reward that doesn't even compensate him/her for the initial deposit, especially after being informed by DD that bank is full.

Why should this be added?:
- Keep the bank robbery high risk high reward.
- Assure roleplay isn't punished but rewarded
- Gives the bank host a proper reason to do the robbery as there would be a reasonable gain that way.

What negatives could this have?:
- I can't think of any please let me know

Reaction score
I thought the bank vault was the amount in city funds?

If that’s still the case, you just need to check that before you rob the bank.

You probably robbed it just after someone else did.

Reaction score
The amount of money you receive is proportional to the number of cops on duty. If you rob the bank with 4 cops on when it is extremely easy to win, you don't get a very high payout. Try robbing the bank when more cops are on duty if you want to get more money.

Reaction score
im unsure if its the way I explained it but the idea is to make it so the bank robbery host at least gets 5k always to compensate for the investment.

Reaction score
I thought the bank vault was the amount in city funds?

If that’s still the case, you just need to check that before you rob the bank.

You probably robbed it just after someone else did.
City funds has no actual affect on the bank robbery payouts. The bank is a private business.

Reaction score
If you’re complaining about a $5,000 loss then you shouldn’t be raiding the bank lol, it’s high risk high reward when there’s a lot of cops, should’ve not raided at low pop with more than 2 people!

Reaction score
If you’re complaining about a $5,000 loss then you shouldn’t be raiding the bank lol, it’s high risk high reward when there’s a lot of cops, should’ve not raided at low pop with more than 2 people!
look at the picture, the “high reward” I got didn’t even pay for the 5K drill. To believe it’s high reward still under that circumstance is just wrong.

Reaction score
look at the picture, the “high reward” I got didn’t even pay for the 5K drill. To believe it’s high reward still under that circumstance is just wrong.
Thats because you had no risk, because there were only 3 cops on..

Reaction score
I don't think it's about it being "too easy" or anything - I think it's kinda the principle, and Malek is just trying to point out a flawed gameplay system.

@MalekIsWeird POV:
> Be me
> Be offered a quest/mission
> Promised a 'huge payout'
> Convince mates to go for it with you
> Risk time/freedom/guns/money to pull it off
> Go to the job, drill, set off alarms
> Whole PD in response
> Kill the small-city cops, leave their wives as widows
> Rob le bank
> Drive off with the money (152,000)
> Bring too launder who will clean it
> He takes 88% cut
> mfw when I didn't even break even

I'm sure he understands: Yes it's low risk - but that's what a bank robber wants, to get them when they're 'down' and easy.
At the very least, he could've gotten 10k, maybe 12.5k. But to lose money after you've gotten away with robbing a bank is fucking laughable.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I don't think it's about it being "too easy" or anything - I think it's kinda the principle, and Malek is just trying to point out a flawed gameplay system.

@MalekIsWeird POV:
> Be me
> Be offered a quest/mission
> Promised a 'huge payout'
> Convince mates to go for it with you
> Risk time/freedom/guns/money to pull it off
> Go to the job, drill, set off alarms
> Whole PD in response
> Kill the small-city cops, leave their wives as widows
> Rob le bank
> Drive off with the money (152,000)
> Bring too launder who will clean it
> He takes 88% cut
> mfw when I didn't even break even

I'm sure he understands: Yes it's low risk - but that's what a bank robber wants, to get them when they're 'down' and easy.
At the very least, he could've gotten 10k, maybe 12.5k. But to lose money after you've gotten away with robbing a bank is fucking laughable.
Let’s raid a base! Oh no base is empty! Oh no I had to kill cops and we got no drugs! I should get insurance and make a minor profit or crowbars back for this!

Reaction score
Let’s raid a base! Oh no base is empty! Oh no I had to kill cops and we got no drugs! I should get insurance and make a minor profit or crowbars back for this!
In a normal raid, there's risk for attackers and defenders - one player affecting/profiting off of another

In a bank robbery, there's only risk to attackers - players profit via the game itself.

This argument doesn't hold up either because, as Malek said, the game 'promised' a decent reward for success, while your example is an off-chance hypothetical.
I think you are somewhat twisting how Malek is using the word "insurance" to make it seem each player deserves a participation trophy while he is just asking for a (special) gameplay event to (at the very least) evenly compensate him for doing so.

Last edited:
Reaction score
im unsure if its the way I explained it but the idea is to make it so the bank robbery host at least gets 5k always to compensate for the investment.
You did profit, it was shared between people, just ask one of ur friends to spot you so you personally break even.
In this exact situation you profited ~7k (But again distributed).

Minimum amount of cops is like 3 or 2, you robbed it with 3 people including yourself, you pretty much hit the floor and still made some side cash, I don't see the issue. (I also don't get why there is a argument of risk vs reward in this thread its not that deep in this case)

Reaction score
You did profit, it was shared between people, just ask one of ur friends to spot you so you personally break even.
In this exact situation you profited ~7k (But again distributed).

Minimum amount of cops is like 3 or 2, you robbed it with 3 people including yourself, you pretty much hit the floor and still made some side cash, I don't see the issue. (I also don't get why there is a argument of risk vs reward in this thread its not that deep in this case)
With these numbers he would've been better off camping and growing then robbing the bank, which to me just doesn't make sense. He shouldn't have to ask one of the participants afterwards to spot him (especially if there is no way to decide the cut).

Discussing risk is fair, the bank robbery is always one of the most dangerous events to do. You're ringing the dinner bell for cops to come the second you walk in, and those 3 or 4 cops could've all been TFU or something.

Reaction score
With these numbers he would've been better off camping and growing then robbing the bank, which to me just doesn't make sense. He shouldn't have to ask one of the participants afterwards to spot him (especially if there is no way to decide the cut).

Discussing risk is fair, the bank robbery is always one of the most dangerous events to do. You're ringing the dinner bell for cops to come the second you walk in, and those 3 or 4 cops could've all been TFU or something.
Its not risky with 3 cops online, odds are at that time there pistol cops, 3 men with AKs and the power to come from anywhere, against 3 cops with pistols who are new...

Reaction score
against 3 cops with pistols who are new..
or it can be some cracked sniper pistol cop or a TFO solo patrolling like I often do during dead hours. This isn't far fetched considering many ppl love to sign on to counter bank raids then get off especially when its dead hours so they're craving action.

On the other hand I get where you're coming from and I think the middle ground is necessary in the form of a give and take. A group breaks into a bank and steals about an unknown sum due to the DD informing them the bank is loaded, in this case it is $38,000. After cleaning, no matter what the person providing this roleplay event should be paid a 5k base for his/her decision to provide the cops and their friends for succeeding.

There is two ways this could work. Either its subtracted from the total of clean clash before its distributed evenly or it is added as a bonus regardless of any variables.

Status
Not open for further replies.