Server Suggestion Car Repo's for Roadcrew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Car Repo's for Roadcrew
Suggestion Description: I was recently playing roadcrew and found it to be a bit repetitive and thought of how we could show some love to roadcrew and make it some more fun. We encountered a situation where we were scammed by someone driving a stolen vehicle and had to go repossess the vehicle and get police involved, and this is where my idea came from.

In real life, people have car notes and if you don't pay long enough, they will have your car re-possessed by a towing company usually, in this case, roadcrew. I initially thought about an update where people could finance cars but realized its too complex and not worth adding so I thought about an alternative that would be fairly easy to implement in my eyes, so here is my idea:

Tweak the system for chop shop cars and have something similar for roadcrew workers where random cars will spawn and RC would be notified through a chat message, on-screen notification, etc which would say something like: "I have a job for you, XYZfakename123 hasn't paid their car note for 3 months, XQ bank wants it repo'd. It's a Black Mclaren P1, You'll have to find it yourself and bring it to the garage for it to be impounded.

Why should this be added?:
-More variety to roadcrew scenarios
-More fun
-New interesting way to make money on roadcrew.

What negatives could this have?:
- Wasn't any that I was able to think of, will edit post if someone offers a good one.

What problem would this suggestion solve?: Roadcrew being stale, more variety to the job and will certainly attract more people to play roadcrew, especially in the later hours.

Reaction score
Great idea honestly. Paralake is already the carbon copy of Detroit / Kabul combined. Car repo's are just the logical progression and would allow for more RC diversity.

Reaction score
This would also work really well with a removing the engine parts minigame (yes gp, civilian update)
It gives more incentive for RC and makes it a bit more fun.

Reaction score
pretty sure this is the same as this idea

Reaction score
  • Staff
pretty sure this is the same as this idea
Nah, this is a clusterfuck suggestion with 10 different ideas and this focuses on just one with detail

Reaction score
Nah, this is a clusterfuck suggestion with 10 different ideas and this focuses on just one with detail
its 4 tasks instead of just 1. detail is cool but no need to shit another idea when its clearly well received

Reaction score
im all for this idea only thing i can think of is that if its actual players getting their cars impounded we now add a "danger aspect" to the job and roadcrew cant carry guns and this would add abunch of 3.4 scenarios so maybe the way the impounds work is once roadcrew identifies the car for impound they then have to wait for pd to arrive to make sure the impound goes safely but anyways good idea aquaa

Reaction score
Would be great for it to be on a timer so there is a sense of urgency, park them behind subs houses and shit so it actually feels like you are on lizard neck repos or whatever that fuckin show was

Reaction score
Would be great for it to be on a timer so there is a sense of urgency, park them behind subs houses and shit so it actually feels like you are on lizard neck repos or whatever that fuckin show was

As long as the property is unowned, maybe, but we'd have to consider people buying a property and then having these cars spawned, so maybe have them spawn a certain way where they won't be impeding anything if possible.

Reaction score
I feel like during peak hours cars needing impounding from arrests is probably lucrative enough as is without throwing in NPC owned cars to the mix but I haven’t fully decided if that’s because there’s a lot for roadcrew to do already or if roadcrew workers just aren’t towing the cars that are booted in the middle of the highway for some reason.

Reaction score
I feel like during peak hours cars needing impounding from arrests is probably lucrative enough as is without throwing in NPC owned cars to the mix but I haven’t fully decided if that’s because there’s a lot for roadcrew to do already or if roadcrew workers just aren’t towing the cars that are booted in the middle of the highway for some reason.
Not in my experience today, but I will keep playing roadcrew to see if this is the case although regardless I think this is still a good suggestion to change things up for roadcrew instead of just cleaning up cars from pursuits and whatnot.

Reaction score
Not in my experience today, but I will keep playing roadcrew to see if this is the case although regardless I think this is still a good suggestion to change things up for roadcrew instead of just cleaning up cars from pursuits and whatnot.
Then make the random missions player slot dependent

Reaction score

RC workers have a lot of work available, adding this will use up their time too much. This is not the same as firefighters with random fire spawns, where most of the time they're sat at the fire department.

Status
Not open for further replies.