Server Suggestion Change how the player model leans when holding a primary weapon

Reaction score
Description of the idea: When a player model is holding a primary weapon, they lean slightly to one side, however, the players' camera model still stays in the center as if their model is not leaning to the side. This can cause some issues when peaking corners of props, making a slight one way where you can only see a defender shoulder's.

I think it would be much better for the shooting stance for rifles to have a model that does not have them lean to the side slightly, similar to how the pistol aiming stance is head-on and centered.

Why should this be added? (pros):
This would decrease the amount of one-way corner peaking for defenders. Allowing more base designs that would previously have been restricted by 3.8

What negatives could this have? (cons):
The models could look a bit silly holding a gun leaning forward as it isn't too "conventional" of a shooting stance.

rD4fxR0IWW6id9xa.png

Reaction score
Definitely a great idea, gaps where you can see a whole body are suddenly one ways when you take out a gun and I feel it massively restricts base building creativity.

Reaction score
I've always said that bookcases should no longer be allowed in base defenses for this exact reason because I felt like changing how the model leans would be extremely ugly and excessive to do. Lets be real here, you don't need bookcases to win a gunfight and the only reason they are being used is because of the model leaning behind it, not because they are good 'armor'.

This would be the only logical solution due to certain players not wanting the bookcases gone.

Reaction score
I've always said that bookcases should no longer be allowed in base defenses for this exact reason because I felt like changing how the model leans would be extremely ugly and excessive to do. Lets be real here, you don't need bookcases to win a gunfight and the only reason they are being used is because of the model leaning behind it, not because they are good 'armor'.

This would be the only logical solution due to certain players not wanting the bookcases gone.
I think this is a valid and good response but I was looking to suggest a way to implement a feature that combats the issue rather than making a rule for it if ygm!

Reaction score
If this is why bookcases are used as defences, why is it allowed when it's clearly headglitching.

Reaction score
i'd much prefer a technical fix over a rule fix, rules don't stop the issue, people will actively use this anyways, and possibly accidently too.