Change Police Sirens..

Reaction score
So a very good mate of mine has recently gone peaking around in the PerpHeads files on single player and through his file explorer and he has found sounds for the server e.g the car horns>Key Sounds>Car Sounds etc..... and he has also found the siren sound for the server and im thinking.... What if i could put a compatible file into the folder and replace the siren sound... For example, Tyla could have British police sirens instead of the stock sounds so that he has a lot less editing on his shitty "educational vids" XD and i for example would put a different American police siren sound into it and im making this thread to ask anyone if they would know how to change the siren file so that i could hear it client side...
police-siren-sounds.png
64px-WAV_file_icon.png

Deleted member 4084

Don't think this is possible, as they'd need to recode the lights to make it so that 'your' file is only playing when you are driving around, and then others are playing when they are driving around.

Reaction score
Not sure if you are able to change your content pack sounds locally as you would be most likely unable to join the server as you have files that differ from the server or the server has no sv_pure (Does Garry's Mod even have this?) enabled to allow modifications.

I also think this would cause some problems if you would for example replace the sound of a suppressed Beretta making it sound not so suppressed anymore but of course, that would be punishable if anyone even manages to change the sound of it client side.

Reaction score
Not sure if you are able to change your content pack sounds locally as you would be most likely unable to join the server as you have files that differ from the server or the server has no sv_pure (Does Garry's Mod even have this?) enabled to allow modifications.

I also think this would cause some problems if you would for example replace the sound of a suppressed Beretta making it sound not so suppressed anymore but of course, that would be punishable if anyone even manages to change the sound of it client side.
I can assure you that i have no interest in changing anything on the server (Client Side) that would change roleplay on the server or give me an advantage.

Reaction score
Almost 100% sure @LordTyla just edits in the siren sounds from the editing program he uses.
Yeah I edit mine for videos in Sony Vegas pro 12 I don't replace the game files as then it's not the same experience as everyone else if you see what I mean. phone