Model Suggestion Change the fuel pump models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Change the fuel pump models
Suggestion Description: I think the fuel pump models should be changed to the ones from one of the new loading screen picture or atleast to something more modern. It would look way better than the post-soviet era HL2 fuel pumps we have now.

Why should this be added?:
- Better looking fuel pumps

What negatives could this have?:
- None that i can think of

Useful Images:

Reaction score

Accepted but in the denied section?? @Liano925 i pray you succeed with this suggestion

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Change the fuel pump models
Suggestion Description: I think the fuel pump models should be changed to the ones from one of the new loading screen picture or atleast to something more modern. It would look way better than the post-soviet era HL2 fuel pumps we have now.

Why should this be added?:
- Better looking fuel pumps

What negatives could this have?:
- None that i can think of

Useful Images:
Some models used in the posters I and Super create use workshop assets, or are from sfmlab or other games. This means that they would either require permission from the creator to use, or pulled from a game and put into the content pack. PERP prefers to do things in-house where it can. The more things that are done here, the easier it is to control and change what's created.

The obvious downside to creating posters like this as this post proves, is that it sets an unrealistic expectation to new players who join the server for the first time, seeing the images and expecting the server to have a similar feature or look. Consequently, they are disappointed to see that it's just not exactly as they expected, etc.

However I agree that the fuel pumps need a change. They simply don't suit the type of city paralake is.

Reaction score
Fun fact. I have already made a replacement model just over a week ago. However, they probably won't be in effect until Paralake V6. So I will put this thread in Completed but don't expect to really see it for a bit yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.