Chop Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Topic: Chop Shop

Short explanation (in notes):Like in my keys idea, if you steal a car and the keys you would be able to chop them to. And the chop shop can be in the scrap yard.

Detailed description (why should it become added/...): It would make the RP more realistic and it would be easier for people to make more money as being a criminal.

Optional additions:

Reaction score
+Support. It's pretty much useless stealing a car so this would make it be better but it should have rules like:
Dont steal too many cars in a short time, Dont steal the same car for that amount of time, etc.
Also i wouldnt like that retrieving the car price is gonna be too high because that just screws you up big time.

Reaction score
Detailed description (why should it become added/...): It would make the RP more realistic and it would be easier for people to make more money as being a criminal.

As i mentioned before in a different topic we are currently looking for ways to reduce the crime rate and allow people to focus on roleplaying and not on making money. Now if that would be possible we would have alot of people just constantly stealing vehicles.

Reaction score
This could actually be a difficult one, if you think about it.

Let's pretend there is a chop shop.
  • Now, you steal a car, and drive directly to the shop. From stealing the car and arriving to the shop wouldn't take very long, and only leave a Very small window for the police to be able to respond.
  • Let's then say there is a Star Wanted Level for the car, meaning you have to hide it for a couple of minutes before being able to cash in, due to the car being too hot. What would then happen, the police would simply camp the chop shop and wait for the guy to come and try to sell the car.
  • My third concern is that without proper rules, car alarms would go off everywhere. There needs to be rules like the mugging and trespassing rules.

Reaction score
No just no.

This will give us a lot of problems with rules and such, car alarms everything.
Aswell No one would give a stolen car back in real life.

Reaction score
-Support Horrible Idea, besides chop shopping peoples cars when they can get them back by spawning them is rather stupid, and don't dare suggest that if someone sells your car's parts it's gone then that will get old, VERY QUICKLY.

Reaction score
Going to move this to denied now.

More ideas of how to earn legal money, when you aren't growing drugs would be welcomed but things that encourage more criminal behavior or ideas of what would be considered "easy money" I don't see as necessary presently. There are plenty of reasons as to why the bank robbery presently doesn't give out too much money, so having more things that can give out thousands of $ in an instant, no thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.