Citizens arrest

Reaction score
Right, some people claim citizen's arrest on a police officer is lawful.
There is nothing about it in the Paralake laws, though.

Opinions?

Reaction score
I think it is a thing, and i really hope it is a thing, because you should be able to do something about a Police Officer breaking the law.

Reaction score
4.2 Detainment with Just Cause

In the event that a member of the public has prevented another member of the public from committing a crime, the former, after contacting the Emergency Services, may use reasonable force to detain the criminal until such time law-enforcement personnel arrive to assist.

A member of the public may never intentionally inflict lethal or near-lethal injuries when attempting to justly detain a criminal.

It is up to the Police Officer(s) on-site to determine whether or not reasonable force was used during the situation.

Reaction score
I've updated the thread. Forgot to mention that the citizen's arrest was on a police officer.

Reaction score
as a civilian you can't really arrest an officer, that being said in the role play they should always follow the laws at all times, If this does not happen you should make a report and continue with the role play. The best way is to call the LT and tell him about the situation.

Reaction score
IRL I believe it is against the law you cannot detain anyone due to it being deemed unlawful or something like that but I think it needs to be fully addressed because it even confuses some of the supervisors. You cannot hold someone against their will unless there is a life in danger however.

Reaction score
IRL I believe it is against the law you cannot detain anyone due to it being deemed unlawful or something like that but I think it needs to be fully addressed because it even confuses some of the supervisors. You cannot hold someone against their will unless there is a life in danger however.

It's not against the law. If you bust someone breaking the law red-handed, then you are allowed to place the person under citizen's arrest. This is different from in-game, though, because unlike in the server, there actually is a section about citizen's arrest in the law.

Reaction score
as a civilian you can't really arrest an officer, that being said in the role play they should always follow the laws at all times, If this does not happen you should make a report and continue with the role play. The best way is to call the LT and tell him about the situation.
However it's been done multiple times by older staff members and senior administrators, I wouldnt really consider it violating the rules.
[DOUBLEPOST=1447753684,1447753416][/DOUBLEPOST]@John Cena! please read what I said again; it's not against the rules

Reaction score
There is no definition of what a member of the public is within the PL laws, thus creating a rather neat (and immoral) loophole that civilians may choose to make use of.
An LEO is only so when employed by the city, they do not have (yet) any off duty powers, so that makes them civilians rather than "warranted" officers, meaning that there is no distinguishing between the legal status "regular" civilians and police officers, other than the fact that police officers have the powers under section 11. Since there is no exemptions made in this section, it is perfectly possible in my eyes for a civilian to detain (NOT ARREST) a police officer until a supervisor can arrive.

EDIT: It's worth mentioning that their detention would have to be lawful too, otherwise the officer could arrest them for unlawful detainment. The detainment MUST be to stop them from committing a crime.

Last edited: