Citizens Arrest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Is this a new law or a change to a current law: New

What law do you wish to change/add: Citizens Arrest

Why should this change/addition be made: Citizens of Paralake should have the right to enforce a civil arrest as long as appropriate force is used e.g. guy is damaging shops and going insane with a bat - owners should be able to use appropriate force e.g. gun point to place them under fear then restrain them via a physical/me or using Zip Ties (preferably)

This law should also include Citizens Arrest of Police Officers whom are generally abusing their authority and their right to apprehend.

What is the aim of this change/addition: To allow the citizens to construct a lawful arrest in order to aid the PLPD in their duties by using the appropriate force - this also stops rouge officers running around and abusing their authority allowing citizens where it meets the law "necessity"

2.2 Necessity If a person reasonably believes that acting in a way contrary to any law is necessary to prevent injury, death or the loss of property they do not act unlawfully given that their actions are justifiable and proportionate.

As long as this criterion is met then this should allow the apprehension of anyone in breach of Laws of Paralake.

Additional Information:

My views are 2 things;

1. Citizens arrest of officers mis-performing their duties, you can call a supervisor but under the law you cant keep them there or touch them as they run off and then threaten to arrest you for kidnapping

2. Citizens of Paralake - this allows them to lawfully arrest those who are causing issues and meet the criterion of the above, at the moment if you gunpoint someone and police are involved after they dont care if it meets 2.2 so they seize it and arrest you even if you lawfully do it to protect your own property. this provides protection for the citizens who peform legal justification to arresting law-breakers

I have one con to mind - Bounty-hunting orgs as fun as I see it, PLPD may release like 5k** bounties for the whole server to find someone and arrest them if they cannot do it themselves

** - just a random figure

EDIT - for those thinking "no citizens will just arrest cops" and your a PLPD only player please think outside the box

Last edited:
Reaction score
Not really needed, if someone is causing damage you can use reasonable force to restrain them and call the police.

a8fe19021a.png

Deleted member 4983

Always thought Paralake was America, so 2nd* amendment applies?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Walker is right, under section 2 of the penal code you can just break laws, such as detaining them, as long as you notify police officers of yourself doing it.

rat

Reaction score
I mean, if you're saving the cops and stuff then it's great but going around looking for these crimes to prevent them could potentially fall under 3.11.

Placing police officers under citizens arrest sets a dangerous precedent that really isn't something that should be encouraged.

Reaction score
Okay, now that I'm off of my phone, I'll make a decent response to this and this will more so bring a conclusion to it:
As @Walker said Necessity does cover most, if not all, cases of citizens arrest.
Not really needed, if someone is causing damage you can use reasonable force to restrain them and call the police.

a8fe19021a.png
Also, if you look into 2.2, you have to be proportionate with actions you state, as mentioned by @jimmythehamster so this means that you have to think: "is it worth detaining them for such a small crime or should I report it and let the police deal with it. Aside from this, take other notions into account as you cannot simply detain someone under gunpoint for extremely minor crime and expect to get away free from charges as your firearm was at no need of being displayed, unless you attempted to detain them in other manners but their reckless noncompliance puts you in danger and others around you in danger. Adding to this, you have to notify police that you are doing this so if you don't expect a punishment.

Overall, this suggestion isn't needed as the concerns it tries to address are already covered by present laws, making it unnecessary and a bit useless.

Sam

Reaction score
There is already a law covering this

9a0bad0fbc.png

You can detain someone that has committed a criminal offence as stated in the law there is no need for a new law.​

Status
Not open for further replies.