2.3 Right to a lawyer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Is this a new law or a change to a current law: New

What law do you wish to change/add: When you have been arrested, you have a right to call upon a lawyer and the police MUST follow the law and allow the person call and speak privately with their lawyer if requested. If lawyer is present at the arrest, they must allow them to go to the PD to see their client.

Why should this change/addition be made: You should add this as this would all more RP to the server and makes it more realistic as police will have to fight with a defence lawyer.

What is the aim of this change/addition: The aim is to allow arrested people a chance too get out and allows people who are getting arrested for no reason to be see and dealt with in RP where some cops won't get a supervisor.

Additional Information:

Reaction score
Never liked this idea, it will just prolong the time it takes to arrest people, most the time a supervisor can be a lawyer for you as they're in the position to alter the final decision, whereas having civilians do this would just cause more hassle than it's worth: searching them, getting them to interrogation rooms and then having them argue with an officer just seems so pointless compared to having another officer or supervisor review the situation.

Reaction score
Just no thanks..... i mean if we were here to get a "Fake" lawyer we could never arrest someone because lawyers would "Twist" the law a bit
Officer:Your under arrest for murder dna was found.

Murder: I want a lawyer. (he gets the lawyer)

Lawyer:This man has done nothing wrong he never killed anyone. (gives fake infomation to the cops )

Officer: We have DNA that he killed someone (shows evidence)

Lawyer: THIS DNA IS FAKE SCREW YOU COPS HE DIN'T DO NOTHING WRONG UNARREST HIM RIGHT NOW!!!
**Ends with both of them gets arrested**
And the story goes on if we where going to recive this lawyer we would need a court aswell so from my side i will not be Supporting this idea

Last edited:
Reaction score
Considering there is no court in Paralake or anything like that it would be completely useless, honestly. As shadowjoey stated it wouldn't be that nice with the current state of the RP on our server as it is generally fast paced which means People wouldn't want a court.

Reaction score
I don't see the point, If you (The Officer) have seen the crime committed whats the point.

Most people also want to get there sentence over and done with, therefore I believe not a lot of people will use a Lawyer.
Murder 10 years you get a lawyer + 10 mins with he same outcome that 20 mins you've wasted.

Reaction score
Right to a lawyer? More like a legal right to stall the rp situation while you wait for said lawyer.

Having evidence against a criminal is more than enough to jail him straight away. Waiting untill the 'lawyer' arrives is just making a short RP situation longer.

'Adds realism to the server' is not a valid argument anymore.

Not supporting this idea.

Reaction score
Just had a thought. Perhaps Lawyer could be a job you get at city hall. Your job is to show up to locations when a suspect asks for a Lawyer. You can own a home and stuff but when some one needs a Lawyer you need stop what your doing and go help the guy.

Reaction score
-Support
Last time I let someone have 3 lawyers, one of the people brought the parts to a gun and while I was talking to another officer he crafted the gun... This is a horrible idea, it would just waste the time of officers. There would never be enough officers to handle raids and other 911 calls.

M

Reaction score
You're welcome to request a supervisor if appropriate, but with the pace of RP on the server we do not allow civilians to be represented by other civilians as it would be too time consuming.

Rejected

Status
Not open for further replies.