[CLOSED] Bit of Photoshop Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kay

Reaction score
Hi , so I cant seem to find any good tutorials on youtube on how to do this so I thought I would ask here? If I wanted to outline something to make it stand out and blurr everything but the thing that is outlined , how would I do that?

Reaction score
At about 0:40 in this video he tells you how to do zone blurring.

You can do it under Filter > Blur Gallery > Tilt-Shift. Make the blur any shape you want. Blue Lightning TV explains things very well. Eventually if you want it to be round you can experiment with the other Blur Gallery tools.
(although in an annoying voce if you ask me)

Reaction score
What I do is i select the area i want to blur using the lasso tool. I select all of the background except for the subject I want to keep in focus.
Now select the background. Click on Filter > Blur Gallery > Field Blur and use the dial to however much blur you want. You should move the pin to the areas you want blurring

There is also gaussian blur which, when applied, allows you to use the paintbrush tool with the layer selected and allows you to unblur certain parts, depending which primary colour you chose.
You can use the blur tool but it isn't very good. You can also do this other ways. look around

Reaction score
This has gotten quite a bit old now, if you need some more help to do so. Utilise the 'Artistic Corner' section of the forums.
Contact me if you want this reopened.

Locked & Moved

Status
Not open for further replies.