[CLOSED] Freaking out in a firefight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I don't know if it's normal but I keep freaking out whenever I'm in a firefight or getting shot in game, which makes my hands shake and my aim about 500% worse.

If someone has encountered it I'd like some tips to keep cool cause this really is
p1oZh0q_d.jpg

Reaction score
Happens to pretty much everyone, it's adrenaline which gets you to react faster, your body cools down and your hands begin to shake from the muscles decreasing response time to movement.

It's your body's fight or flight instinct.

The reason that adrenaline kicks in is the fact that you've got things to lose as civillian, and you actively know this during the entire fight, you get stressed which releases adrenaline.
When you respond as an officer to a shootout, you've got basically nothing to lose, and the moment you realise this you're completely calm in any situation, because what do you even lose besides your virtual characters life which you receive back within 5 minutes or less depending on medics?

It's normal, in other words.

When you've been in enough firefights, you'll start getting used to it, and your body slowly stops responding to the stress, infact you get less stressed because you know more of what to do during a fight the more you learn.

Reaction score
I reccomend taking a breath and just practicing while your in those intense situations to keep your cool. It takes a while to master but it is a great skill to have once you do. Just stay calm. What freaks me out though is fucking high speed chases for some reason and I can never not have a mini seizure while in them.

Reaction score
1. Get more involved in firefights
2. Be confident about your weaponry and skills
3. Don't think about if you're going to live or die. This is a game. Just win it.
4. Get high IRL.

Also what I like to do sometimes is if I'm being raided, use my own raiding tactics, and when I'm raiding, I really have nothing to lose but a gun, so I'm not really worried so much about dying.

Reaction score
Lmao it used to happen to me a lot. Trust me its normal i usually would get bad adrenaline rushes because i get really stressed out about my aim because the recoil on guns is ass if youre a low level. What i would reccomend is level up your marksmanship, get into raids almost everyday, breathe and be confident or get cocky.

Reaction score
I remember you asking me how I stay calm in shootouts hahahaha. If I saw it from your perspective I would say 2 things, remember it's a game so you're allowed to die, and also don't assume supervisors will be disappointed in you cause your aim isn't good, have you seen my aim? We don't look for shooting skill in the PLPD so just don't worry!

Reaction score
Don't use high DPI settings like a pleb aka me
Go to the shooting range and level your marksmanship or just get to know what kind of weapons you will be using and how they act in longer range. Controlled burts for rifles are the best if you have low marksmanship, your aim will hit the ceiling if you even try to spray.
It's just a game.
Play more chill games and train with your mouse accuracy, AudioSurf is one of them where you literally ride to your music, collect points and steer with your mouse.
Become a weeb and train with Osu!

Reaction score
That used to happen to me on perpheads. I Remember once I was defending an apartment against 4 people (@Shaun) and I was shaking alot. After that time, I've been chill doing shootouts. Just sit comfy, and remember to breathe.
In tense situations (this happens in real life too) people tend to forget to breathe and they start hyperventilating or breathing too slow or fast. Just stay calm. Whatever happens, happens.

Reaction score
Funnily enough I get the same. It's worse if someone gets the drop on you though. What I try and do is just be still, and shoot straight first time. I don't know why, but out of all the service weapons, the beretta feels the most accurate to me. So if I want to take accurate shots, I use that, and try to go for a headshot.

Reaction score
Oh yeah i know you shouldn't freak out in a gunfight because you're gonna lose. Basically i don't freak out but simply suck at FPS games. So what do you do then you may think? The solution is simple, get regals apartment number 5 and launch timed explosives and nades down the stairs! Hah, that will teach em to try and raid your ass!

Reaction score
Lol, when I get raided , I get an adrenaline rush and it helps me react and aim faster tbh , cuz I like try to think that if I die I will lose all my shit so idk how to calm down, I even got worried because I get so much adrenaline that it just looks like my brain thinks perp is real life cuz I play it a lot so yeah xd

Reaction score
It is a fucking game. Why are you guys shaking when you're playing GMOD.

And you people who are talking about adrenaline fuck outta here lol sadass

Maybe you guys should take a break if you take the game that seriously

Reaction score
NGL i get the same but weirdly enough only when I kill cops, because I know as soon as one dies, they all fucking fly at you, for me i just let it happen lol, I die, I die (usual scenario) and then when I survive I get happy, then mowed down by "backup"

Reaction score
Just aim at the head, what is the problem? Simple one click even if you are hands are shaking, simple as that.

Yeah man it's really easy to hit a MOVING TARGET, especially when it's firing back at you, your hands are shaking and you have adrenaline. I don't know why my k/d hasn't been higher this whole time?! 1?!1?1??1

Reaction score
Take advice given above, and take them into consideration. My only point to you is to lower your sensitivity.

If you still need help with this, create another thread or ask me to reopen this.

Locked & Moved

Status
Not open for further replies.