Community Consultation on PD Chief.

What staff roles should be allowed DCoD or CoD

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Perhaps more questions should be asked. Or a private apology from the concerned party would suffice.

Please can you clarify a little more because I don't really know what the fuck is going on.

This vote was supposed to be about rank restrictions for CoD but now there are arguments about who gets to vote, should there be a vote, etc.

I voted no restrictions, because staff and PLPD are separate entities; their responsibilities do not conflict. This is not the same scenario that we seen with staff and the community team.

Reaction score
Sorry if I am missing the point here, but why on earth does it matter if someone is a high rank in the PD and also a staff member as long as they can provably do both at the same time?
The reason I would say is the past, anyone within the rank of admin+ has a task he or she has to take care of. There has been multiple cases where the activity required for both the admin+ and chief is just too high, they either burn out, or lose interest which means a 1/3 (admin) and 1/2 (chief) position both are hindered for quite a bit. It is normal to get bored/burn out with such high demanding jobs and I would say a fresh perspective is not bad, having someone below the rank of admin take the stear and devote their time to being one of the two (in this case chief).

Its perp, it gets boring yet it you keep coming back for more ;)

Reaction score
The reason I would say is the past, anyone within the rank of admin+ has a task he or she has to take care of. There has been multiple cases where the activity required for both the admin+ and chief is just too high, they either burn out, or lose interest which means a 1/3 (admin) and 1/2 (chief) position both are hindered for quite a bit. It is normal to get bored/burn out with such high demanding jobs and I would say a fresh perspective is not bad, having someone below the rank of admin take the stear and devote their time to being one of the two (in this case chief).

Its perp, it gets boring yet it you keep coming back for more ;)
Exactly what I tried saying, I guess im just an idiot as an easy message like this wouldve been enough.

If the eventually choosen Chief were to be a n admin, senior mod, or whatever. But does manage to maintain activity, then that would be wonderfull.

Or… maybe… @Acerius should just come back ? ? :)

Reaction score
i am proposing my offer for cod
My first rule, anyone who doesnt surrender within 3 seconds off saying it shooting them in the head is acceptable. my second change would be DONT FUCKING SHOOT CARS IN A CAR CHASE, LET THERE BE A ACTUAL CAR FUCKING CHASE

Reaction score
My first rule, anyone who doesnt surrender within 3 seconds off saying it shooting them in the head is acceptable. my second change would be DONT FUCKING SHOOT CARS IN A CAR CHASE, LET THERE BE A ACTUAL CAR FUCKING CHASE
As long as the suspects don't drive into oncoming lanes on the highway they won't get shot lol

Reaction score
As much as anyone should be able to go for it, It is decently demanding for a staff member to go for this role opening. Since alot of the staff members have jobs. That means your juggling a job, Staff and a high PD role.
bro just compared IRL job to being staff, that is crazy

Reaction score
It’s official I’m running for COD ! Love me or hate me ! I maybe not very experienced in the High commands of the PLPD ! AS I’ve only been Corporal for 2 months but I’m offering strong and dedicated leadership ! And a new plan for officers to join easier and make it easier understand the policy’s of the PLPD I hope you all can support me and message me if have any issues like raise with me I’m happy to answer them

Reaction score
Bro. Why ya'll still talking bout this problem. We all want @Acerius back but there is some stuff on going. and for a new CoD to be elected the people just want someone who can manage the stress of it. I personally don't give a fuck what rank they behold. i'm sure it's safe to say as long they can handle the stress they are welcome by the community.

Reaction score
People seem to act like there is some r/conspiracy going on, where staff members or those already in some degree of power can be the only ones to hold a decent rank in the PD. Have you not thought that the people who get accepted for and involved in server staff positions might have a little more experience managing people, performing administrative tasks and have a general higher standard of roleplay?
If anyone doubts this remember that I got TFU command like 2 months after being part of a CWB wave and was chosen by an Administrator who I did not have a positive relationship with a few months prior to getting the position.
I’m proposing you don’t apply and live with the consequence of your actions when I do the funny magdump on your fleeing vehicle as it takes flight into oncoming traffic.

Most reasonable explanation for the point I have been disagreeing with. I blame the individuals and the fact that we don’t have a system to resolve this easily avoidable issue though. Having Acting Chiefs, or simply allocating that responsibility to a deputy chief is entirely doable.

Reaction score
I’m proposing you don’t apply and live with the consequence of your actions when I do the funny magdump on your fleeing vehicle as it takes flight into oncoming traffic.
I would never drive on the wrong side!

Reaction score
As a result of this thread, we will be scrapping the cap on ranks within the Chief of Department office. We will however take into careful consideration the role of the candidates within the staff team when choosing the next chief as some of you have displayed concern. We hope this is a compromise between the two sides of this debate.

Some have noted their concern that someone who is in the staff team and also in the Police Department may struggle with activity in both their roles. This is something that we will consider and it is also something that has been considered anytime someone has been promoted previously.

Status
Not open for further replies.