18/06/2020 - Community Updates

Reaction score
style-logo.png

18/06/2020 - Community Updates

Good evening everyone,

As you all would have noticed, I have taken on the role of Community Manager. The process behind me getting this role, was a discussion between the Senior Administration team in which they chose a candidate they saw fit to hold this role (as @TinySlayer explained here). I'm extremely honored to take on this role and as someone who is passionate about this community, there are a lot of things that I will be looking into and changing.

Changes to the Community Manager role?

A couple of changes were made when I was given this role, meaning that I can still do administrative work. This being said, in my eyes a Community Manager is someone who represents the community to the staff team, making sure that the community is always in the loop with staff changes, rule changes, and updates that are being worked on (without giving too many spoilers of course).

Below, I've outlined generally what I'll be doing:
  • Providing a direct line between the community and administration team
  • Providing a level of transparency between the community and administration team, making sure everyone is up to date
  • Looking into ways to improve the server and making PERP more appealing and inviting to newer players
  • Creating and planning events alongside the Event Team

What can we expect in the future?

The Event Team will still go ahead as @Ayjay planned, however, this will not be a sudden change as the server is currently at a state where roleplay is a rare sight and so we need to find a balance between gun events, and passive events. Thus, we'll start off slow and test the waters to see what events we can host that are still enjoyable for those who participate. This, however, does not mean that we won't get a good old gun game every now and again though ;). The event team will be chosen through those who previously applied through @Ayjay's form, however, if you would like to contribute and didn't apply, feel free to send me a PM expressing your interest.

I'll also be looking into ways where we can reduce toxicity within the community. It's no surprise that currently our player base and forums are very toxic, and I believe we need to crack down on this and ensure that people feel safe here, because at the end of the day it is a community, and we should all be friendly with each other.

Final Words

I'd like to thank you all for your patience and perseverance throughout the selection of this role. I hope that in the upcoming months I can share with you the work that I'll be doing, and address all of your concerns accordingly.

If you have any further questions about my role, or any questions in general, feel free to PM me and I'll respond to you as soon as I can!

Community Manager,
Dom_

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 6228

Whens the vote @Ayjay promised us

Reaction score
@Inchs Did you read what ayjay wrote?
I believe somebody else should take over, and believe this should be done by some form of public election, with candidates chosen the current roster of staff.

View previous replies…
Reaction score
I'll also be looking into ways where we can reduce toxicity within the community. It's no surprise that currently our player base and forums are very toxic, and I believe we need to crack down on this and ensure that people feel safe here, because at the end of the day it is a community, and we should all be friendly with each other.
Dom_How do you plan to do this?

Reaction score
Simply by enforcing more OOC blacklists and forum warnings/bans, sending a message that toxic behaviour is simply unacceptable and if continued will result in a ban. Members have had the attitude that toxic behaviour and language is no big deal for too long and it's simply about stomping out these ideas.

View previous replies…
Reaction score
I think the best way to stop toxicity is to stop giving a shit about petty arguments. This isn't something that the staff team can really do I don't think. It's something that requires the community as a whole to adopt a more laid-back attitude. I'm pretty much never on here anymore but other communities I'm a part of have similar issues. I think the best way to stop toxicity is probably to foster a less serious atmosphere. I get that it's RP, and it's meant to be serious or whatever, but speaking from experience here, the most fun I had was when I was minging about and having a laugh. I think when it's not excessively disruptive, people should be given a bit of leeway to have a laugh and fuck about a bit, so long as nobody is seriously affected by it. One example I have for this, is from a couple years back, so I'm not sure if this is still the case, but the old building handbook. People would fortify bases so damn much it became necessary to police bases and make sure nobody was making unfair defenses. I understood that, but when you're building a raised platform, putting a chair on it, calling it a fort and putting a "sign" up saying no mods allowed, you're having a laugh, you're not hurting anyone, and having someone whinging that your base wasn't up to code just felt like being fun policed.

I haven't been on in forever so idk if things aren't that way anymore, but back when I used to play a lot, fucking about was part of the charm, and if you deny that you're either a fat virgin or a fat liar.

Reaction score
I certainly dont agree with what you're saying about ignoring toxicity, however I do understand the difference between banter and disrespect, this is something I mentioned when passing this on to the staff team as it is perfectly fine to have a laugh and a joke with people on a game. It's noticing the difference that seems to be the hard part!

View previous replies…
Reaction score
@Dom_ Yeah I see your point when it comes to that, but I think a delicate balance has to be struck, because if policing petty arguments becomes commonplace it reckon it has serious potential to become somewhat tyrannical and subsequently breed resentment towards staff members.