construction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
3 years its oversights ?

as i said no point of makeing it like that its killing regals/subs not like beffore now all what i can see most people baseing projex/slums
I don't agree with it either and i really think that you should be able to block off the balcony

Reaction score
You end up forcing people to scale a fence, then specifically navigate through one of two metal detectors, which requires some level of precision. This is why it was probably deemed not allowed seeing as in a combat situation someone would probably want to retreat as fast as possible. It ends up to a very vague degree directing a player's movement. The same example can be found on the office staircase, metal detectors aren't allowed to be placed on the stairs themselves as they direct people's movement when going up and down.

Edit: The reason it directs movement is because people get stuck on the metal detectors when trying to get past them in a hurry.

Reaction score
Your props directed movement.

iDwVRrB.png

You are forcing them to be in a small little box where they can't move around at all, it becomes a massive choke point and gives you an incredible advantage over raiders.

Last time it was allowed to have defenses on the balcony was when the balcony didn't have a fire escape yet. So this has been a while ago. There is a reason no one does this and you were told off for it. If others can't do it, there will be no exceptions for you.

Just because something isn't specifically stated in the rules doesn't mean it is allowed. If rules worked like that, a lot would be allowed which normally isn't allowed.

We are still working on something that will stop people from attempting to loophole construction rules. I can't say when this will be done, but definitely in the near future.

Reaction score
i dont see why we cant block the balconine if you block the balconine it will be like slums just one door so its not aids
Because the regals Stairwell can be shot through from 2 angles inside the apartment making using the stairs cancer, as well as the stairway on the fire escape also being wallbangable.

Reaction score
Your props directed movement.

iDwVRrB.png

You are forcing them to be in a small little box where they can't move around at all, it becomes a massive choke point and gives you an incredible advantage over raiders.

Last time it was allowed to have defenses on the balcony was when the balcony didn't have a fire escape yet. So this has been a while ago. There is a reason no one does this and you were told off for it. If others can't do it, there will be no exceptions for you.

Just because something isn't specifically stated in the rules doesn't mean it is allowed. If rules worked like that, a lot would be allowed which normally isn't allowed.

We are still working on something that will stop people from attempting to loophole construction rules. I can't say when this will be done, but definitely in the near future.
Is it directing movement or limiting movement? They only have one way to go and one way to leave and it's the same.Garrysmod Screenshot 2020.12.20 - 20.35.20.57.png
this is directing movement also

Last edited:
Reaction score
It is not doing anything this is not comparable to the balcony at all
Oh there's a rule that says that I cant build on my private property, thats why I cant change the way my balcony looks?

ModoSN

Communication Banned
Reaction score
Semi-related question, why is it okay for people to block garages at morons?

Reaction score
because there needs to be at least two entrances to a property if it has that many, and as long as 2 entrances are opened (i.e. one garage door being blocked and main door and other garage door being opened) then no rules are broken

Reaction score
They can block only 1 garage door because you always need 2 unblocked entrances into your base. So this means you can decide to either block 1 garage door or the main door, whatever you want but not both.

If they block both, make a report and we will deal with it.

maeen

Communication Banned
Reaction score
They can block only 1 garage door because you always need 2 unblocked entrances into your base. So this means you can decide to either block 1 garage door or the main door, whatever you want but not both.

You can block off both garage doors if you are not participating in illegal activities on that property. This may only be done during roleplay and for no other reasons. (This is what I have been told quite a few times, correct me if I am wrong)

ModoSN

Communication Banned
Reaction score

Thanks!

Reaction score
What if a base has two entrances (e.g., regals)? Can you block one entrance?

Status
Not open for further replies.