Cooldown for Taxes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Mayor should have like a cooldown before she or he can change the taxes cause of changing it imidiatelly when shes about to get killed and then claiming it was RDM doesnt seems right

Reaction score
I agree with this, taxes should only change 1% down and 5% up per minute. So if taxes were at 25% and mayor wanted 0% tax, it would take 25 minutes to get there but if s/he wanted 50% tax, it'd only take 5 minutes. Possibly also making it so every minute taxes are 35% or higher, it adds to a counter which is within an acceptable time that mayor could be assassinated. Meaning like, if the taxes were at 35%+ for 15 minutes, then mayor lowered them back down, you would have 15 minutes in which it would not be considered RDM to kill the mayor.

Reaction score
This would generate a lot of exciting rp situations I imagine, and would also clear up a lot of confusion going on about whether one can kill the mayor or not.

Reaction score
StephenPuffs said:
I agree with this, taxes should only change 1% down and 5% up per minute. So if taxes were at 25% and mayor wanted 0% tax, it would take 25 minutes to get there but if s/he wanted 50% tax, it'd only take 5 minutes. Possibly also making it so every minute taxes are 35% or higher, it adds to a counter which is within an acceptable time that mayor could be assassinated. Meaning like, if the taxes were at 35%+ for 15 minutes, then mayor lowered them back down, you would have 15 minutes in which it would not be considered RDM to kill the mayor.
better for shop owners aswell

Reaction score
StephenPuffs said:
Yea, cause I hate how people always request mayor to set taxes to 0% just so they get stuff cheap, instead of just happening to buy stuff when taxes are low. Also I kinda think we need to make it so if the mayor has like 10 minutes straight of more expenses than income for the city, they'd be kicked out of office, as to help prevent mayors that put everything to 0% and watch the city go bankrupt. Also with the previous change I mentioned, when they become mayor taxes will be 25% so in 10 minutes they would not be able to possibly set to 0% for players. So it'd make it competitive to buy at the right time then for players, sure this will make things cost more generally speaking but at least then government jobs shouldn't ever have to worry about if the city has funds to pay them.

Reaction score
Will also prevent "Hey mayor, I wanna buy car, set taxes to 0% please" from happening ^^

Reaction score
Exactly, MazZ. Also to add onto my idea about the 10 minute removal of mayor if city keeps going into debt, it would only do this if the taxes were < 35%. Above 35% it would not remove the mayor from office because obviously someone will do that for the city lol.

I think we need to figure out some idea on why the city would even want a mayor, possibly raising default tax to 35%, because as it stands, electing a mayor is kind of pointless, people only do it because of the large paycheck for him/herself. So to the average citizen the mayor generally makes life worse not better. Another idea would be to not have unemployment checks unless there is a mayor, because without the mayor, it's effectively like the United States at the moment, in a government shut down, so nonessential things are cut down to a minimum. While this obviously hurts people's ability to afford food, I'm afraid that's part of life if you cannot find work.

Status
Not open for further replies.