Cops arresting medics/who is in charge

Reaction score
ok so this discussion stems off what I see too very often.... medics being arrested for man-slaughter for being 30 seconds late than the officer wanted, would you agree the medic should be arrested for trying to get there as fast as he can.

another thing is that many medics prefer to DNA before Revive to get solid evidence but officers ALWAYS pressure them saying "FUCKING REVIVE HIM YOU DUMB SHIT" (talking from experience of having that said to me)

so I want to clarify, where bodies are involved on a scene of a shootout that has been cleared WHO is in-charge, medics or the police?

because in my opinion medics are since the Police arent trained for body disposal/reviving and the medics are?

but 100% of the time Police Officers micro-manage and kick off at medics

Reaction score
I never arrest a medic for manslaughter if they are late on arrival, however I will see if it is a repeat offense that the medics is late and take the appropriate measures then (fire him)
Now, always having the DNA scanner available to me, I always DNA scan bodies when I arrive on scene, if the medic proceeds to do the same, even though I am in the process of it, I usually tell him not to, and in the worst of cases, yelling at the medic seems appropriate because sometimes they just don't listen.
Medic's first charge should be to keep the people alive, however on a scene where LEO's are involved, I'd usually have the LEO's command the situation.

Reaction score
Hello!
Paramedics should only be arrested if he neglects the person for example he just stands there. And sometimes if he arrives late which continues to be a repeat offence.

Personally i don't arrest a paramedic for manslaughter unless it's neccesery.
Really if a person is dying and the paramedic rather takes the time to DNA the body instead for resusitating it. the person would die.
Now i am not dissagring some officers do it for stupid reasons but it depends on what happens really.

Reaction score
Just going to tell a real life story from an incident a few days ago:
A man cut his hand open with a knife, the people who called us were cops, because it was on a festival. Once we arrived, the cops tried to tell us what to do and how to do it, but a colleague just told him to shut his fucking mouth, as he wasn't aware of whats happening with the man. In my opinion, cops often try to tell the actual paramedics in-game way to often what to do and how to do it, but as it is in real life (at least in Germany, don't know if thats the case world wide) the paramedics are the ones in charge so at least I think the cops should remain silent unless it is one incompetent sweater medic who does not know how to use the defib/health kit.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yesterday we had a situation with a medic, this was manslaughter though.
The body already got DNA'd by a Lieutenant so we told this to the medic and he started to DNA anyways, we told him to revive him. He stood up and told us to shut the fuck up and then the person died.
He got arrested.

This is a situation where it is allowed to arrest the medic. It really depends on the situation.

Reaction score
Arriving on scene late enough so that someone or everyone died or that it caused a drastic effect in everyone's role-play due to sheer negligence or because you like decided to stop at Fredy's before you responded is well enough reason to have you arrested and or penalized. Once you have arrived on scene, there is a typical protocol that you should always follow: unconscious LEO; unconscious civilians; dead LEO; dead civilian. On top of that, you should never enter any scene that you are called out to involving the police such as a police officer's life alert or something similar, until it is cleared by the officer's on scene and they have VERBALLY cleared you to enter. Besides that, there shouldn't be to much, "commanding," that they do. As long as you do your job as a Paramedic properly, I feel you'll meet as little argument orientated towards yourself with typically a Law Enforcement Officer. And in the end, I don't see why it's so affecting, personally, if I have an Officer screaming down my ear to go do something, probably means I should do it, so I use that to my advantage and utilize information I previously didn't know, like a dying Sergeant or something. Anyways, I enjoyed this discussion, anyone have any feedback on my part?

Reaction score
Paramedics have a duty of care to help anyone in need of medical assistance and will never be arrested unless they deliberately go against this duty of care and refuse to help someone. If they are late to an incident, remember, a lot of medics are new players and don't know their way so will turn up late, just because he or she is late doesn't mean they should be arrested.

In the event that you have to make an arrest on any uniformed service (police, ambulance or fire) they shouldn't be arrested in public, in real life they would be taken away in a police car or van and be arrested out of public eye in a police station and there really isn't any need to put them in handcuffs as chances are they will be completely compliant and again would look bad from a citizen bystanders perspective.

Inspired by