CSGO Won't Open?

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently attempted to play CSGO, and i clicked play, I looked on my account and sure enough it said i was playing, but it was not open for me, I waited, and checked my profile again and it no longer said i was playing, I dont know what to do, any help?

SOLVED IT:
If you have Razer Synapse open it will not work so shut down Synapse and it will launch fine.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Few things for you to check.

Hardware status.

Other Source games.

Virus chest (Some files can give off false positives)

Steam Support

Tast Manager/Processes, Does it show up there?

Cannot think of anymore give me an update any information will also help.

Reaction score
Had exactly the same issue with Garry's mod, what I did in-order to fix this was re-install the game, if you feel it would take to long and want to be sure it can get fixed without that then verify the game on steam.

Reaction score
When this happens to me I do two things:
1) Simply re-install the game (as said by Daymon) and play or do something else while waiting for it to re-install

2) Verify the Cache, which every now and again fixes it for me

Good luck with your problem mate :)

Reaction score
This is a problem quite a lot of people have had from source games, for some reason they're very buggy, for me when I'm not playing a source game and I've quit it, it takes a while to recognise I'm no longer playing it, however with games like Who's your daddy or a non-source game it recognises instantly. They're have quite a few bugs lately with the source games.

But you should reinstall your game and try to restart your computer, if you haven't already. If that does not work then I'm not really an expert on it so sorry.

Reaction score
When this happens to me I do two things:
1) Simply re-install the game (as said by Daymon) and play or do something else while waiting for it to re-install

2) Verify the Cache, which every now and again fixes it for me

Good luck with your problem mate :)
I reinstalled, and i have verified the cache, it still is not working, it shows up in task manager and on steam it says im playing it, any other suggestions?

Reaction score
If you tried litteraly everthing and it still doesnt work. Completely format your PC and reinstall windows. This was the only thing that worked for me, you should wait a bit tough, reformatting is a last resort, altough not that bad, since you get a fresh PC

Reaction score
My Team Fortress 2 is also having the exact same issue.
[DOUBLEPOST=1459708877,1458762560][/DOUBLEPOST]I found a video showing exactly what happens when i try to launch my csgo,