Current thoughts on weaponskins?

Reaction score
just because you subjectively believe the advantage is not major enough to be considered an advantage does not mean the advantage is non-existent. It's still an advantage which may not be as extreme as aim bot though still an unfair advantage.
List 2 advantages it has that severely affects gameplay to the point of being unfair to others.

Reaction score
Its a weapon skin its not aimbot. Just because it looks different doesnt mean it gives an advantage. Its a bit darkrp but thats the playstyle nowadays so why not, I cannot see how it affects anyone negatively.
Have you never had scenarios where it was hard to spot someone because they blended it?

Reaction score
List 2 advantages it has that severely affects gameplay to the point of being unfair to others.
you're asking a loaded question. I already explained the advantage is not as severe as aimbot but it is an advantage non the less.

If the gun is too bright it can affect target acquisition

If the guns skin is changed it can make it easier to identify the specific gun type.

These are undeniable advantages over the user who doesn't use skins and just because they aren't as extreme as aim bot does not justify that it is still an alteration of original game files by adding on external scripts or code which gives yourself an upperhand over others without it.

Reaction score
No not really, I know where to look from experience
How many hours played do you have? Because I find it hard to believe that you never experienced situations where peeps are hard to spot. Even if just for a second.

Reaction score
you're asking a loaded question. I already explained the advantage is not as severe as aimbot but it is an advantage non the less.

If the gun is too bright it can affect target acquisition

If the guns skin is changed it can make it easier to identify the specific gun type.

These are undeniable advantages over the user who doesn't use skins and just because they aren't as extreme as aim bot does not justify that it is still an alteration of original game files by adding on external scripts or code which gives yourself an upperhand over others without it.

Only place where a bright gun could help with target acquisition is in the forest, and even then it is still extremely hard to see. You are going to have to back this one up with some examples because I can't think of any.

Identifying guns is not an advantage. Anyone with game experience knows what the guns look like, even without skins.

I personally disagree with you. Maybe all I need is some pictures though. It is very hard to imagine these skins give an advantage.

Reaction score
Only place where a bright gun could help with target acquisition is in the forest, and even then it is still extremely hard to see. You are going to have to back this one up with some examples because I can't think of any.

Identifying guns is not an advantage. Anyone with game experience knows what the guns look like, even without skins.

I personally disagree with you. Maybe all I need is some pictures though. It is very hard to imagine these skins give an advantage.
Examples: windows, behind cars, distance, when dark, in some bases

Reaction score
Examples: windows, behind cars, distance, when dark, in some bases
Even when for example looking down from office, at first glance seeing diff between a cop or crim can be hard no notice cuz of the distance. Well if the crim has a pink AK. Its easily noticed

Reaction score
How many hours played do you have? Because I find it hard to believe that you never experienced situations where peeps are hard to spot. Even if just for a second.
6 months and a few days

Of course I have experienced people blending in somewhere before but only when a building is new or got a change of color. It takes me less than a day to adjust.
What does this have to do with this thread though? A gun is not a person and even if it was a gun, I still know where to look for hidden guns.

Do they change playermodel skins aswell?

Reaction score

Amongst all the darkness and green foresty stuff you think a bright white AK47 won't stand out and give the user an advantage?

As for gun identification a revolver or a pistol is far easier to identify. People already use a Glock Fade skin on their glock 17. That instantly tells you it is a glock 17. Your anecdote of being experienced enough to acknowledge the gun type faster than most doesn't discredit the fact most players won't able to identify a gun as fast as the player who literally skins their guns unique colors based on the unique gun.

Reaction score
I don't know how to remove my skins, please don't ban them
seems like the best solution rn is to make it so you can have skins but you can only view those skins in your own hands. Not on the ground or in other peoples' hands.

Reaction score
6 months and a few days

Of course I have experienced people blending in somewhere before but only when a building is new or got a change of color. It takes me less than a day to adjust.
What does this have to do with this thread though? A gun is not a person and even if it was a gun, I still know where to look for hidden guns.

Do they change playermodel skins aswell?
Do you even know what visual cues are? Or do I need to translate to Dutch? What it has to do with this thread? If I’m hiding behind cover and my playermodel blends in. And my gun does so too on my screen cuz of the bland colors. Them seeing a bright green color gives them the instant visual cue and lets them be able to react faster. Idk if playermodel changes happen. People change playermodel and clothes ingame tho to be less visible

Reaction score
Do you even know what visual cues are? Or do I need to translate to Dutch? What it has to do with this thread? If I’m hiding behind cover and my playermodel blends in. And my gun does so too on my screen cuz of the bland colors. Them seeing a bright green color gives them the instant visual cue and lets them be able to react faster. Idk if playermodel changes happen. People change playermodel and clothes ingame tho to be less visible

Show me proof of this because as far as I know guns are pointed towards you anyways so you see like 6 pixels

Reaction score
Ok guys how do I get rid of my skins, after these discussions I am very concerned that I may be banned or crucified by players

a7126d498f649d73f7656da4b9dae42c.jpg