Server Suggestion Decrease FAILURE cooldown on Chop Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Decrease FAILURE cooldown on Chop Shop
Suggestion Description: Recently I've had an encounter with a officer who ignored shootouts and raids all just to sit at my chop shop mission KNOWING it's my mission that I need to complete, he tried to arrest me every time I approached to which I broke his ankles every time then I was forced to abort but I don't believe it's fair or fun to have 24h of waiting, wasting all the crowbars and grinding lockpick skill just for the mission to be ruined by a single pistol cop camping your mission :/

I believe the cooldown on aborting / failing should be lowered to something. My guess for something fair and fun is 1 hour but feel free to discuss below.

Why should this be added?:
- Fair
- Makes it more fun to be a criminal
- Takes away the cops ability to literally ruin your day if you like car chopping by camping your mission knowing you can't do nothing but attempt to lead him away harmlessly.

What negatives could this have?:
- More crime that may overwhelm PD?

Reaction score
Chop shop is already easy. I have never failed a hard chop shop, most of the time cops just ignore me. 24 hour cooldown is fine.

Reaction score
OMG why don't they just let me rob the bank in peace, there is a raid going on in slums where one pistol is being used omfg why do they respond to bank.

Maybe try your mission when not 20 cops are on or find a more creative way or timing to steal the vehicle or hide it, If I don't feel like playing blackscreen simulator as a cop, I have the rights to go after vehicles I feel like. At any given time in the evening (when I am usually on) a car get stolen about every 10 minutes, which is a lot to deal with especially as it is always just 1 or 2 officers going after it.

If this is accepted, the reward should be slashed in half as 34k for basically no fucking risk at all other than a 3-5k ticket and a tag following you around for a few minutes is just insane, especially as you can even hand in the car straight in front of a cop making the car vanish.

Reaction score
OMG why don't they just let me rob the bank in peace, there is a raid going on in slums where one pistol is being used omfg why do they respond to bank.

Maybe try your mission when not 20 cops are on or find a more creative way or timing to steal the vehicle or hide it, If I don't feel like playing blackscreen simulator as a cop, I have the rights to go after vehicles I feel like. At any given time in the evening (when I am usually on) a car get stolen about every 10 minutes, which is a lot to deal with especially as it is always just 1 or 2 officers going after it.

If this is accepted, the reward should be slashed in half as 34k for basically no fucking risk at all other than a 3-5k ticket and a tag following you around for a few minutes is just insane, especially as you can even hand in the car straight in front of a cop making the car vanish.
i didn't even talk about bank? if you're gonna be toxic by trying to pull a caricature at least make it make sense.

Furthermore telling me to do it when no cops are on is a pointless. My point is the lack of things a crim can do in response to a cop just sitting there paired with the fact they have 24h cooldown if a cop just sits on the car before it's even picklocked is unfair and unfun.

Your response just seems like you're upset Chop Shop got added in the first place and seems to have nothing to do with my complaint about the unfun nature of cops camping the car before the criminal even get a chance to drive it.

Reaction score
i didn't even talk about bank? if you're gonna be toxic by trying to pull a caricature at least make it make sense.

Furthermore telling me to do it when no cops are on is a pointless. My point is the lack of things a crim can do in response to a cop just sitting there paired with the fact they have 24h cooldown if a cop just sits on the car before it's even picklocked is unfair and unfun.

Your response just seems like you're upset Chop Shop got added in the first place and seems to have nothing to do with my complaint about the unfun nature of cops camping the car before the criminal even get a chance to drive it.

I am making a comparison about your statement that you make regarding someone instead of going for a raid and having to wait outside because TFU wants to deal with it, they go after a car, and yes I was making a response because a cop on duty can do whatever he wants, it is stupid just because there is a raid he can not respond to a stolen vehicle call or do whatever he pleases (within the law) on duty.

I am not telling you to do it with no cops on, I am telling you to do it with fewer so your chances are higher (like 5-10 instead of 10-20), if I cop is camping a vehicle you are within your rights to call a staff member to tell them to fuck off as no crime is committed, if you steal the vehicle (or attempt to) and leave it, than that problem is upto you (especially just like raiding cops lurk the area of the attempted raid in an attempt to catch you raiding again), but for someone camping a car, it is against the rules as it is metagaming just because it is a chopshop mission car.

I could be wrong about this as I never done this mission but I heard once that if u don't steal the car (nor touch it) the mission resets? (I don't know if this is true, if not, make a suggestion to change that instead, as that covers your annoyance with a cop camping the car without allowing 68k a day to be made with a simple task).

The risk to this operation is extremely low and has a higher payout than robbing the bank which is just insane in my opinion, I accept that people want new ways to make money but given the high payout I do not think it is fair by allowing multiple attempts, however if a car is not stolen, in my opinion the car should be voided and the mission set open but not multiple attempts a day if the theft was succesful due to the ease of the mission.

Also don't be so obvious, find a way to reach the car instead of parking next to it and crowbarring it instantly, I have had many different way people approach it, but the most common caught is through just blatantly driving in, parking next to it and crowbarring it instantly, they get caught and hauled off, also maybe try the easier form so you can steal it faster and get away faster without a tracker being placed, maybe that will help you!

Reaction score
I am not telling you to do it with no cops on
Maybe try your mission when not 20 cops are on I am telling you to do it with fewer so your chances are higher (like 5-10 instead of 10-20),
same thing in my opinion.

The problem is how unfun it is for the criminal to just be defeated once a cop decides to just camp the car. There's literally nothing a person can do, I made an F6 asking what a criminal can do and the response was "Have a friend shoot nearby to lure him away," Which is annoying to have that be the only thing a criminal can do other than aborting and waiting 24h after wasting lockpicks.

I could be wrong about this as I never done this mission but I heard once that if u don't steal the car (nor touch it) the mission resets? (I don't know if this is true, if not, make a suggestion to change that instead, as that covers your annoyance with a cop camping the car without allowing 68k a day to be made with a simple task).
Will do. My bad experience was the cop saw me lockpicking, fined me and took my crowbar. Fair play, no problem with that!

The point where it gets annoying, unfun and unfair in my opinion is when the cop just sits around until I abort or fail the mission cause he knows I can't do anything to him.
The risk to this operation is extremely low and has a higher payout than robbing the bank which is just insane in my opinion, I accept that people want new ways to make money but given the high payout I do not think it is fair by allowing multiple attempts, however if a car is not stolen, in my opinion the car should be voided and the mission set open but not multiple attempts a day if the theft was succesful due to the ease of the mission.
I agree. If I didn't even succeed in lockpicking the car yet but I only attempted, it's really annoying to have to fail it. I think that's middle ground. I also believe banks aren't considered to be money makers in the vision of the development team since clearly it's not worth doing at the moment but if you're looking for PVP it's there.

Also don't be so obvious, find a way to reach the car instead of parking next to it and crowbarring it instantly, I have had many different way people approach it, but the most common caught is through just blatantly driving in, parking next to it and crowbarring it instantly, they get caught and hauled off, also maybe try the easier form so you can steal it faster and get away faster without a tracker being placed, maybe that will help you!
I grinded 8/8 lockpick so i believe doing it on hard is for me. I dislike the unfun nature of the rules in this case forbidding the criminal from doing anything to the cop and the cop just unfairly using that to camp the car before the criminal even succeeds a lockpick attempt on it. It makes no sense that a crim will just abort a 40k-ish payout without taking a life or at least doing something to the cop.

Reaction score
I just want the car spawn points removed, that are in hearing distance of police department.
crowbars are too damn loud to reliably steal a car from regals parking right next to the concrete ball

Reaction score
I agree with this, that or I made a similar suggestion to this (but I closed it cause it was close to this suggestion: https://perpheads.com/threads/unlimited-timer-or-significantly-longer-time-on-chop-shop.57364/). I feel the server would benefit from either a lower failure timer to restart the mission or a longer timer it takes to fail. I feel that it's similar just cause it increases the amount of time you have to do the mission rather than giving players the option to restart it to get a better location.

Status
Not open for further replies.