Server Suggestion Delay when jumping and armed

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Delay when jumping and armed
Suggestion Description: I suggest we add a delay between multiple jumps to prevent bunny hopping when armed.

The delay should be based on how fast @Shokron can jump irl: https://perpheads.com/threads/ban-dispute-efan.62154/

Why only when armed? So people can still parkour normally around the map without that obstruction.

Why should this be added?:
- 3.3 gets auto enforced in combat

What negatives could this have?:
- People being pissy that they can't jump around like a rabbit

What problem would this suggestion solve?: No more funny disputes

Reaction score
removing all the fun elements of perp... all for the rp that i never see anyways... dont think there is anyone playing perp for the roleplay... even the crafters in bazaar dont really rp...

what a long fall...

Reaction score
  • Staff
removing all the fun elements of perp... all for the rp that i never see anyways... dont think there is anyone playing perp for the roleplay... even the crafters in bazaar dont really rp...
This is not for RP purposes. Never said it was for realism either.

I've suggested removing this part, because I personally would much rather have a system in place so a rulebreak doesn't occur than to warn players for using the movement system that was given to them.

Reaction score
This is not for RP purposes. Never said it was for realism either.

I've suggested removing this part, because I personally would much rather have a system in place so a rulebreak doesn't occur than to warn players for using the movement system that was given to them.
ye im sure you didnt but i just read the title

its so sad your tryna remove the movment...

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Delay when jumping and armed
Suggestion Description: I suggest we add a delay between multiple jumps to prevent bunny hopping when armed.

The delay should be based on how fast @Shokron can jump irl: https://perpheads.com/threads/ban-dispute-efan.62154/

Why only when armed? So people can still parkour normally around the map without that obstruction.

Why should this be added?:
- 3.3 gets auto enforced in combat

What problem would this suggestion solve?: No more funny disputes
There is already a delay added to the server that causes you to jump like 40% slower than you do with no gun in your hands, I'd say this option is already viable enough and it doesn't need to be wasted on any further, you literally can't bunnyhop with a gun out all he did was press space bar twice

Reaction score
Again... this movement was not allowed to begin with.
So whilst it is there, doing so can get you punished.
yeah i didnt read but hate to see the movment gone :((( aw man

Reaction score
Maybe just dont strike them in the first place, as you can see shokron pretty much did the jump irl, just with a tiny bit more ground pause.

Reaction score
Maybe just dont strike them in the first place, as you can see shokron pretty much did the jump irl, just with a tiny bit more ground pause.
True, i could undenstand if i was fully Bhopping or crouch jumping inside, but something minor like this is crazy to me atleast. people used to jump peak stairs in 2020 or so and no one cried about it. but again its all depends on context if something is extremely unrealistic like getting on top of morons with a boost then yea sure, even though me personally i dont care, we all done that and we all had it happen to us .

Reaction score
I genuinely don't know what you're trying to keep when it isn't allowed since as far back as I can remember.

Just that now it's enforced by staff and the way I'm suggesting it would be enforced by a game mechanic?

A different discussion is the re-evalation of rule 3.3.

I fully understand all of your guy's concerns about seeing the movement change, but give us a counter proposal or open up a discussion about the rule itself.

Reaction score
I genuinely don't know what you're trying to keep when it isn't allowed since as far back as I can remember.

Just that now it's enforced by staff and the way I'm suggesting it would be enforced by a game mechanic?

A different discussion is the re-evalation of rule 3.3.

I fully understand all of your guy's concerns about seeing the movement change, but give us a counter proposal or open up a discussion about the rule itself.
A rule discussion would probably have been better, since a mechanic change is prob a bit too much.

In my opinion its up to the people themselves to learn how to counter these strategies. In @Shokron case its not even certain the guy in the bathroom would have gotten him even if he was jumping once or sprinting.