Detroit: Become Human

Reaction score
My Review on 'Detroit: Become Human'
My Experience of the Game
[SPOILERS]

Detroit: Become Human, is a game based off of story telling, the purpose: to move and mix with the players emotions, the game is based in the year 2038, Detroit, and is about 3 protagonists who are Androids, the machines being developed by a organization known as 'Cyber-life', the companies' goal itself was to give humans more time to relax, while the androids do the work, but ends up being a catastrophe, as the androids learn they have lives of their own, and what they're doing isn't fair, as well as demonstrators in the street hurting and damaging the androids, protesting with violence for more jobs, and less androids. The first Android Protagonist: Markus, an android who helps clean and fix up the house of an old man; Carl. Carl treats Markus like a human being, with equality and rights of his own, later on in the chapter, Markus is given a choice that disrupts his program, an error in his software, making him think, and feel like he is a human being and is alive, Markus later goes on to become the leader of 'Jericho', a place for refuge for androids like him, after helping the people of Jericho, the player chooses Markus's direction, to be either fighting for equality and rights, believing violence is the correct choice, or creating a demonstration, a protest for peace. Another Protagonist; Kara, is an android bought by an abusive father, whose mother has left the child (Alice), Kara later on in the story is faced with many choices, deciding her as well as Alice's future, as the duo go on an adventure trying to escape abuse, humiliation, and to find a place where they won't be troubled, and can live a life they always have wanted. The last (but not least) protagonist is 'Conner', an Android detective, accompanied by police lieutenant 'Hank Anderson' who to Conner seems very 'preoccupied' and 'disturbed' but an 'intriguing' human to adapt too, during the story, the Android is tasked with hunting down these deviant's known as Markus, Kara, the people of Jericho as well as thousands of other Androids. The player with the choice of what Conner is; a Machine who's only goal is to accomplish his mission, or a Deviant, with emotions as well as a life of his own. The player is challenged with decisions, each one impacting the next, every criminal you let go, the more corruption seeps inside, eventually bringing you to a massive decision, to choose your own fate, to remain a machine, or to become a Deviant, the story builds up so much more, with Alice and Kara, Markus and the androids/people of Jericho, and Conner with Hank, depending on the choices you make, you have full control of what happens, and what events take place in the story, killing a police officer as Markus can lessen the Public opinion of Androids, even Hank is affected, if you kill an officer as Markus, if Hank knew who the officer was, he would be mourning. Each situation affects the next, and it really is an emotional roller coaster, with options and choices you wouldn't even want people to choose, in my opinion, I was deeply moved by the story, and I feel like so can the next person, it almost directly represents the situation African-Americans were in not long ago, those people were not treated properly, but there were protests, and every choice that was made by people of importance (Markus and the rest) would have an impact on everything surrounding them. The game is a beautiful, sensational thriller, giving action, suspense as well as tons of content and emotions to experience. Detroit: Become Human is a game with 99 Endings, each one different then the next, the game can move people, and it definitely changed my perspective of machines as well as humans. It's an amazing game, and the price is worth it if your willing to really spend time into the game. Would definitely recommend it and my verdict for it is a 9/10, because of the severe emotional impact, as well as the massive amount of content, there were some bugs, and some things missing, as well as frustrating QTE. But other than that, the game is definitely worth buying, and you should too if you can afford it, I could delve deeper, but I really feel you should experience the game for yourself, or watch a full game play of it. I thank you for reading this review, and I hope you have a good night.

9/10 - My Rating
Matt Fields

Detroit: Become Human

rat

Reaction score
learn how to paragraph

Detroit: Become Human, is a game based off of story telling, the purpose: to move and mix with the players emotions, the game is based in the year 2038, Detroit, and is about 3 protagonists who are Androids, the machines being developed by a organization known as 'Cyber-life', the companies' goal itself was to give humans more time to relax, while the androids do the work, but ends up being a catastrophe, as the androids learn they have lives of their own, and what they're doing isn't fair, as well as demonstrators in the street hurting and damaging the androids, protesting with violence for more jobs, and less androids.

The first Android Protagonist: Markus, an android who helps clean and fix up the house of an old man; Carl. Carl treats Markus like a human being, with equality and rights of his own, later on in the chapter, Markus is given a choice that disrupts his program, an error in his software, making him think, and feel like he is a human being and is alive, Markus later goes on to become the leader of 'Jericho', a place for refuge for androids like him, after helping the people of Jericho, the player chooses Markus's direction, to be either fighting for equality and rights, believing violence is the correct choice, or creating a demonstration, a protest for peace.

Another Protagonist; Kara, is an android bought by an abusive father, whose mother has left the child (Alice), Kara later on in the story is faced with many choices, deciding her as well as Alice's future, as the duo go on an adventure trying to escape abuse, humiliation, and to find a place where they won't be troubled, and can live a life they always have wanted.

The last (but not least) protagonist is 'Conner', an Android detective, accompanied by police lieutenant 'Hank Anderson' who to Conner seems very 'preoccupied' and 'disturbed' but an 'intriguing' human to adapt too, during the story, the Android is tasked with hunting down these deviant's known as Markus, Kara, the people of Jericho as well as thousands of other Androids. The player with the choice of what Conner is; a Machine who's only goal is to accomplish his mission, or a Deviant, with emotions as well as a life of his own.

The player is challenged with decisions, each one impacting the next, every criminal you let go, the more corruption seeps inside, eventually bringing you to a massive decision, to choose your own fate, to remain a machine, or to become a Deviant, the story builds up so much more, with Alice and Kara, Markus and the androids/people of Jericho, and Conner with Hank, depending on the choices you make, you have full control of what happens, and what events take place in the story, killing a police officer as Markus can lessen the Public opinion of Androids, even Hank is affected, if you kill an officer as Markus, if Hank knew who the officer was, he would be mourning.

Each situation affects the next, and it really is an emotional roller coaster, with options and choices you wouldn't even want people to choose, in my opinion, I was deeply moved by the story, and I feel like so can the next person, it almost directly represents the situation African-Americans were in not long ago, those people were not treated properly, but there were protests, and every choice that was made by people of importance (Markus and the rest) would have an impact on everything surrounding them. The game is a beautiful, sensational thriller, giving action, suspense as well as tons of content and emotions to experience.

Detroit: Become Human is a game with 99 Endings, each one different then the next, the game can move people, and it definitely changed my perspective of machines as well as humans. It's an amazing game, and the price is worth it if your willing to really spend time into the game. Would definitely recommend it and my verdict for it is a 9/10, because of the severe emotional impact, as well as the massive amount of content, there were some bugs, and some things missing, as well as frustrating QTE. But other than that, the game is definitely worth buying, and you should too if you can afford it, I could delve deeper, but I really feel you should experience the game for yourself, or watch a full game play of it. I thank you for reading this review, and I hope you have a good night.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1235

This was a great game, with apparently over 40 different endings, every decision you make seems so small at first but then you see the consequences of your actions later on. Amazing story along with a good balance of action and graphics too. The quicktime events are challenging, and failing them such as during a fight or chase can drastically affect the story!

Contains game spoilers so read at own risk

Legit thought I was gonna get a great ending but then we decided to go violent at the end and we just ended up making the army withdraw. I played it with my friend beside me and I wanted to take the nuke/dirty bomb but she didn't. I ended up having the choice of either surrendering Marcus or having him commit suicide. We surrendered and he got shot up by the police. As for Connor, he turned deviant after finding out they used him to create the deviants in the first place. We managed to get Kara and Alice into Canada along with the big black guy. We had to sacrifice someone at the border and it would be either the fat black women, our new husband or the nerd we saw at the theme park, so we used the spotty nerd.