[Discussion] Getting shot at in a situation where you have NLR - does it need to be clarified?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Currently, there seems to be a fair deal of confusion, with players being divided over whether someone should react if being shot from within a situation they have NLR in, which mostly occurs as cop. Leave your thoughts below; does this require some sort of clarification? What would you like to see changed? Should shooting someone for a situation they have NLR in be punishable? Should the person with NLR be able to react and shoot back? Interested in your thoughts on this.

Reaction score
If you're being shot while you have NLR, why shouldn't you be able to shoot back?
It's not like anyone would want to want just sit there being walking target practice if you have NLR.
Of course it's in your best interest to avoid situations where you might be involved if you have an NLR timer but otherwise I don't really see the problem if you are dragged into a situation against your will.

Reaction score
What do you mean confusion? There is no confusion. NLR is NLR. If you're talking about PD raids then yes a cop who died in the raid does not have to follow the NLR if the raiders still haven't left after 5 min. That's just logic, you're not going to stand there just to get shot again will you? There is also no such thing as 'no cops/all cops dead' in roleplay.

Reaction score
During the NLR timer you should not interfere with the situation you died in. most of the time Its very easy to avoid being shot at when NLR is active. Just dont go looking at the shootout from a distance

Reaction score
So what NLR, if they shoot you 3.6 also applies as a cop? They basically are forced to react to try and stay alive, this isn't target practice

Reaction score
What do you mean confusion? There is no confusion. NLR is NLR. If you're talking about PD raids then yes a cop who died in the raid does not have to follow the NLR if the raiders still haven't left after 5 min.

Can staff clarify this, last time this happened I was made to stand outside PD in some stupid metagame and watch criminals shoot up the PD while I could do nothing.

Reaction score
Cops can shoot back if they are shot at whilst in NLR, if they spawn at the PD, they should either make a report asking to be tp'd away or just run to city hall and hide inside. Don't shoot cops and expect to not be shot back but cops shouldn't involve themselves in situations if they can avoid it.

Reaction score
Difference between being shot at directly and witnessing someone shoot. If someone is shooting at you? light them up. But if you witness something within the same area w/ timer just ignore it.

If this is regarding the situation earlier Sorle, I gp'd a cop in the lobby (who I knew just spawned in with NLR) and I told him to run to CH (to avoid me/him being banned/warned) and as soon as I turn my back he tries shooting me. After I shot the cop a certain somebody decides to shoot me in an NLR zone. This is and always has been against rules.

Reaction score
When a player has died In Character, and after they have re-spawned, they must wait at least 5 minutes (a countdown is provided) before they may either return to the place where they died and/or interact with the situation. They must also treat their re-spawn as a new life. A system is in place to inform players that they are in breach of this rule, any attempt to bypass this system will not be tolerated. Joining or leaving any government job is to be treated as a new life.

Doesn't this already tell you that you can not interact with the situation in any way? There is nothing unclear in this. Get out of the area as soon as you respawn instead of taking shotgun in hand and shooting the criminal instantly when you spawn with the NLR *cough cough* @Nasul

any attempt to bypass this system will not be tolerated
That means you can't bypass NLR by trying to follow rule 3.6 and I am sure you will not get punished for 3.6 if you don't shoot back in the NLR zone.

Reaction score
My opinion regarding this has always been that; If there's a jailbreak in the PD and you've died and respawned while the situation is still undergoing; You're fine to respond down and assist the police officers inside the PD, after all if there was a fat PD raid in real life backup would be there and it would be nearly impossible for you to be able to even get out, I think it was @Bolli who told me that this was fine in V1, if not then @Jordan.

If you're a police officer and people are being shot somewhere and you've had NLR there; You go back and shoot them if they haven't left, simple as.

If you get shot at while you have NLR and someone runs into the building where you have NLR, preserve your life or the others if you're a police officer, shoot back, kill the person who's shooting at you; Just because you have NLR in the area doesn't mean if you get shot at defend yourself. So if you're a cop and someone is shooting at you in a house where you have NLR I'd say it's completely fine to move in and take the man down.

Reaction score
5m nlr is retarded we want more deathmatch guys

Nlr should be 1 minutes TOPS
remember when someone
man-coughing.jpg

you wanted 15 minute NLR for crims???? :^)

Reaction score
My opinion regarding this has always been that; If there's a jailbreak in the PD and you've died and respawned while the situation is still undergoing; You're fine to respond down and assist the police officers inside the PD, after all if there was a fat PD raid in real life backup would be there and it would be nearly impossible for you to be able to even get out, I think it was @Bolli who told me that this was fine in V1, if not then @Jordan.

If you're a police officer and people are being shot somewhere and you've had NLR there; You go back and shoot them if they haven't left, simple as.

If you get shot at while you have NLR and someone runs into the building where you have NLR, preserve your life or the others if you're a police officer, shoot back, kill the person who's shooting at you; Just because you have NLR in the area doesn't mean if you get shot at defend yourself. So if you're a cop and someone is shooting at you in a house where you have NLR I'd say it's completely fine to move in and take the man down.
So cops can just break NLR if they want. When I'm a criminal, I'll do the same then.

Reaction score
No, you quite clearly decided to take the words differently, what I mean is; if you're being shot at as a cop and the guy just runs into your NLR zone to stay safe what do you fucking expect?
Ok I'll break NLR then aswell as a criminal if my friends are being shot at by cops somewhere where I died.

rat

Reaction score
No, you quite clearly decided to take the words differently, what I mean is; if you're being shot at as a cop and the guy just runs into your NLR zone to stay safe what do you fucking expect?

No u fuckin SPERG My suggestion was that COPS wouldn't have a timer for nlr!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.