Server Suggestion No Teamspeak Access with NLR Active

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: No Teamspeak Access with NLR Active
Suggestion Description: The purpose of this suggestion is to increase enforcement of 3.5. At this point in time, there is nothing stopping players from sitting outside of their NLR on Teamspeak besides staff enforcement however this method is simply not viable unless you have several staff members canvassing the general area of a raid and herding everyone with NLR like farm animals.

The ideas I thought of were to block the TeamSpeak app entirely, however with further thought I realized that there would be someone arguing that they would encounter situations within those 5 minutes where they would need Teamspeak. With this being said, my proposed alternative would be to disallow users with NLR to join Teamspeak if there is someone who is within their NLR zone in the channel. I don't believe this would be hard to code as we already have something that blocks org messages from showing up if the origin is from the users NLR zone.

Why should this be added?:
- Good enforcement of 3.5
- Good enforcement of 5.1
- Fair raiding experience

What negatives could this have?:
- None came to mind

Reaction score
I was brainstorming for a bit when we originally spoke about this but couldn't come up with something concrete. This is literally perfect.

Reaction score
  • Staff
Calls, texts and tooter may have to be looked at though.

Maybe we can also extend this to phone calls. No phone calls to individuals who are inside your NLR zone. To prevent abuse, also make sure the phone automatically hangs up if they enter the NLR zone so there's no workaround this. As for texts and tooter, this is much easier to see and moderate through logs, especially texts. Don't know who the fuck is going to toot raid information but /shrug

Reaction score
Could implement the same thing for government radio tbh (Voice - I know that text chat is censored). Would make cop waves upon cop waves harder because some guy asked what's going on after respawning and responds with an ETA of 4 minutes due to "paper work".

Reaction score
its good idea but the thing is if you raided slums and died but your friend go to projex to hide and you need kos how would you enter TS ?

+
its like you are asking to make the officer to not use hes radio while he have NLR

Last edited:
Reaction score
Make sure any avenue of in game communications is blocked for all users with NLR and I’m all in for this idea. No tooter, call, government radio, sms, org chat, joining same teamspeak channel as a person in your NLR zone.

Reaction score
You can still spout out information thus breaking nlr
This suggestion seems like a deterrent and a safety measure which works to stop 3.5 breakers. It never promised to fully eliminate it.

If you go out of your way to come back to the scenario you died in so you can break NLR, You’d need to be in the NLR zone of the scenario. You can be killed and assumed still a target due to your actions in the prior life, arrested and it’s way easier to be caught then punished by staff compared to using confidential communications like what this suggestion is saying to eliminate.

Reaction score
its good idea but the thing is if you raided slums and died but your friend go to projex to hide and you need kos how would you enter TS ?

+
its like you are asking to make the officer to not use hes radio while he have NLR

This is the same thing that Jamie already said, You would only be prohibited from joining if there is a user in that channel that is standing in the area of your NLR zone.

Reaction score
Another applicability to this could be that the user with NLR is only prohibited from joining the same CHANNEL as players inside his NLR zone. This would create more of a practical use to having more than just one channel.

Reaction score
Another applicability to this could be that the user with NLR is only prohibited from joining the same CHANNEL as players inside his NLR zone. This would create more of a practical use to having more than just one channel.

I already said this - why is no one reading my suggestion :banghead: :banghead:

Reaction score
I believe that this is a good suggestion and I fully support it, however I'd like to reply to the following
Could implement the same thing for government radio tbh (Voice - I know that text chat is censored). Would make cop waves upon cop waves harder because some guy asked what's going on after respawning and responds with an ETA of 4 minutes due to "paper work".
I know how fucking stupid this is but then again you cannot take this away from the police force, you'd be getting life alerts left right center anyway, so what's the point of this? And we go to the same discussion that's been a topic for the last like 6 years? The cops are supposed to be overpowered in the sense of them having more manpower (obviously balanced with weapons) and let's say there's been a massive shootout with a bunch of criminals, when do we draw the line of when it's okay for this group to risk their lives and 10 years of prison to save ONE person who's been arrested/detained instead of just staying hidden and safe?

Reaction score
I believe that this is a good suggestion and I fully support it, however I'd like to reply to the following

I know how fucking stupid this is but then again you cannot take this away from the police force, you'd be getting life alerts left right center anyway, so what's the point of this? And we go to the same discussion that's been a topic for the last like 6 years? The cops are supposed to be overpowered in the sense of them having more manpower (obviously balanced with weapons) and let's say there's been a massive shootout with a bunch of criminals, when do we draw the line of when it's okay for this group to risk their lives and 10 years of prison to save ONE person who's been arrested/detained instead of just staying hidden and safe?
If you restrict it to criminals I wouldn't see why Police get the same treatment. They already cannot see messages coming from their NLR area and they constantly hear Police radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.