Do you have any work?

Reaction score
So im thinking about applying for jobs and go to job interviews and so on. So my question is, Do you have any work? If so, what kind of job? How did you get it?

Im looking for some ideas. I've been thinking about going to the supermarket close by and leave a letter with some information about me and that im looking for a job.

So if you have any ideas that might help me, please let me know!

Thanks!

Reaction score
I have work placement as a storage employee.
I handle goods at a storage, so it's basically transport & logistics.
I suggest that if you wish to control when you wish to do certain tasks.

Deleted member 1235

All depends on your age really. If you're under 18 then you're best off looking for some retail. Some supermarkets will hire 16+ but not let you work the tills until you're 18+ (usually because of selling Knives, alcohol, cigarettes etc).

I personally work as a Security Steward for a company called Showsec. I find it easy and you don't need any qualifications or strength. Perhaps see if there is a venue like a stadium or concert hall near you and see if they're looking for stewards?

If you get offered an interview it usually means you've basically got the job, just make sure to research a bit about the role or position you've applied for as well as the company and try to prepare for potential questions such as "what would you do if a customer said this" or "how would you react if you caught a colleague doing this"

3855f2cbbff29eb6a67d80cda088dbb5.png

Reaction score
I work in the Eurospar at Donaghadirt (@Rogue Matiz Tyres). Honestly any young person getting a job would benefit mostly from an average sized shop/petrol station. Most of them are easy enough to get into if you have common sense, and the environment isn't too stressful, but you still get plenty of experience. Just look online and see anywhere in your area that is offering part time employment, and when doing your interview just be polite, dress nicely, and do your research, and you're in.

Reaction score
I work as a kitchen assistant for shit hours and shit pay, but i mean its funner than a supermarket so idc.
9802847-Smiling-chef-showing-ok-hand-sign-isolated-on-white-Stock-Photo.jpg

Reaction score
I have never worked a day in my life but I'm going to give you advice anyway.
Make sure you decide what hours are best for you. If I worked I'd rather do it later in the day rather than mornings.
Also you'd get a better chance of getting the job if you dressed up decently and spoke to whoever manages the supermarket, that way they know you're confident in working there.

Reaction score
I did a paper round for about 1.5 years. Then I worked at the 'Kruidvat'. I got payed like a fucking slave and had shit hours so I quit. (Worked there for 8 months). Right now I work at a local hotel/restaurant called 'De Lely'. I get payed pretty good and have nice co-workers, I already knew 3 of them but we didn't really speak that much but now we all became good friends and I actually go out with them regularly.

If you are 14-15 do a paper round.
If you are 15-17 work at a grocery store or something related.
If you are 18+ then you should probably start looking for a job you really want to put your entire life in. Find something you enjoy doing.

Reaction score
I get £12.50 an hour working in accounts 1 day a week in Glasgow. It's good pay, makes up for the 5am wake up alarm.

Reaction score
I am working as a sailing instructor in the summer. If you like to be on the water I will recommend you a job like this.
e42a809ce5e51f53cd769adf52f89266.png

Reaction score
I used to work as a sales assistant, I got fired, i'm looking to work at Aldi, Tesco or sainsburys soon, literally just going for the one that pays best, and is the most meme.

Reaction score
I used to work in a care home as a kitchen assistant but part of the job meant I had to help residents eat - which was very upsetting considering we homed dementia patients and so I decided to leave.
I then worked in a 'fine dining' restaurant as a waiter which I absolutely loved! Weddings were the best bit and I genuinely loved the people I worked with - but the hours were pretty shit so I left.
So now I am at Tesco (the best place @Chris, tomhillm) which is a fairly easy job for great pay.

If you're looking for money, retail.
If you're looking for fun, waiter.
If you're looking for making a difference, carehome.

Reaction score
I Used to work in a Car mechanic where my dad worked too i got 50€ Euro per week but people sometimes gave tip so i earned over 50€.

It was awsome tho i only had to change wheels and keep the garage clean and all the tools in the right place