After college

Deleted member 6228

@rogue and I said there is other things to pilot other then fighter jets
can you not read

Deleted member 4084

If you're looking for something in the public sector, by the looks of your A-Levels I'd suggest going with GCHQ (Government Communications Headquarters) where they're looking for people like you who study Maths and Computing.

It's pretty cool and here's their website: https://www.gchq.gov.uk/

They are based in Cheltenham and will soon have an alternate hub in Manchester and here's a quote from their website:
To support our unique mission, there are certain areas we need to recruit in large numbers for or find people with specific experience and skills - these include Computer Network Operations, Applied Research, Technology & Engineering, Languages, Mathematics & Cryptography, IT Services, Analysis, and Information Assurance.

If you're not looking for the likes of that you can alternatively work with the Civil Service; I suggest looking into that yourself because it gets quite complicated.
Aside from that, the Royal Navy and Air Force have a hell of a lot of opportunities; Logistics could be a good one or even Engineering? Really depends on what specific base you want to cover. If this helped let us know.

Reaction score
I was informed about GCHQ's Cyberfirst programme too late to be able to apply, which is odd since I do digital forensics & computer security in Manchester.

I recommend you at least consider applying for it if you go on to study a computer-based course at university. It is a relevant programme, and is perfect for someone looking for a good start to a career in the field. Here's the details, have a read.

Deleted member 4084

Also to confirm, almost every job is sort of 'at-the-desk', within GCHQ you can work your way up to Surveillance (the people who monitor and follow select individuals) I believe. It takes some work, but you'd need to research more of that and possibly contact them personally.

Deleted member 4084

Dependant on the severity, age and how much progression you've shown since the offence it's unlikely you'll be turned down for the opportunity, however, give them a call or speak to HR and ask about the issues surrounding it and what you can do to show you are able to fulfil the role without misusing the equipment they provide you (were you to join).

Reaction score
Apprenticeships run all year round no such thing as deadlines sure different companies will be at different times but it all depends on when you finish a levels which for piz id assume is within the next 3 months if this is his last year.

Reaction score
I nearly went for GCHQ but then they came and gave a talk to my college. I was looking at doing their cybersecurity apprenticeship but it seemed shit when they explained it to us the first 2 years your pretty much just a support technician sitting at a desk waiting to be called and then for the third year you move up to something more in the field it kinda just seemed a waste of 3 years. obvs different fields in the GCHQ just stating my experience

Reaction score
we had a talk about that zayne like i said on the post above and a lot of people who did it say its a waste

Reaction score
Unlikely are u mad? If he has a record for computer misuse act it's highly likely they will say no GCSQ is the UK's main intelligence agency they wouldn't take the risk you would have to be some computer genius for them to look over it and even then they may say no. I have a friend who is a literal genius in everything we have done for our college assignments amazing with Linux with coding etc and yet the cyber first programme said no because he was 1 mark of a 5 in maths honestly not worth it dude. You say minor thing mind saying what it is? Maybe then we can tell you a definite yes or no.

Deleted member 4084

@Daddy There are so many factors I stated which can really change the prospects of him gaining entry, I'm not saying he will get in no matter what, I'm saying there are so many factors surrounding the situation and that would really depend, then I suggested he call them and speak to HR or whatever. It's simply just some advice, I don't work for them and so can't say, however, what I can say is if being a racist gets you into the seat of Prime Minister then you can sort of get anywhere in life.

All jokes aside, I'm not intending to sound hostile so apologies if it comes across that way, I'm simply stating there are many factors which vary as to his prospects of gaining entry.

Reaction score
Ye but the PM wasn't convicted/charged/have something put on record that is kinda just someone's opinion xd miss u whitewolf. but like you said its all depended on what he did which is why I asked if he would say probs is just something stupidly little that wouldn't affect it but then again hes a perp player so ya never know what dodgy shit he gets up to.

Deleted member 4084

@Daddy I agree, it completely depends on the specifics and details of the offence in which will be brought up for question; considering they've already made a decision to become an RAF Pilot (To become a fully qualified RAF Pilot it can be extremely difficult, dependant on what you want to fly and other factors; my tip to you would be to have two backups. One within the Military and one nothing to do with the Military or not as a front-line as you'll always be good to have backups).

I feel like I recognise your name @Daddy either from Monolith or way earlier and I can't even remember, please do remind me. But as you said it is PERP and after seeing some of the dodgy shit others have done I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't something dodgy.

Reaction score
RAF/Navy is good however make sure you are capable of keeping up with the testing - I know the RAF has a pre recruit training course which is 10 weeks and mentally challenging, you'll smoke cigs the whole time