After college

Piz

Reaction score
Essentially I have little idea of what to do after college, I know for sure I don't want to go to university because I'm really not interested in it and want to get working straight away. Additionally, I'm looking for something active that isn't heavy desk orientated (if that makes sense).

I'm from the UK and have good GCSEs and I'm currently studying at A Level ; Maths, Computing and Politics.

Some things that have caught my eye are various jobs within the Navy and RAF as they seem exactly what I'm looking for. Does anyone have any experience of these roles or know of other jobs / apprenticeships even that're similar in what they're offer.
Sorry if this is too vague!

Deleted member 5920

Modern apprenticeships are really good for what you want to do. Look at Rolls Royce, they're big on training people up.

• Informative
Reactions: Piz
Reaction score
When you say RAF and Navy which areas? because there are many you could do

Reaction score
I have a friend in the American airforce but it’s in intelligence, he can probably speak to you regarding that line of work if you like.

• Informative

Piz

Reaction score
Pilot only for RAF but for Navy I was looking at engineering roles such as these:

Reaction score
I was gunna go out of school, do music performance for 2 years then fuck off to the Royal Marines but I got denied because of a peanut allergy like ok fairs tbh wouldn't want to bump into a suicide bomber with a pocket full of peanut M&M's innit. Best of luck in the navy / RAF.

Reaction score
Was also considering a policing career but like most my IRL Friends are stoners so that wouldn't fly well.

• Agree
Reaction score
Go to Wales and get an apprenticeship as a Navy Electrician, big money and you travel round the world. Thats my plan eventually.

• Informative
Reaction score
you should do some sort of further education after school like uni, etc and there are so many different types of degree and qualification out there, don't just think that 1 uni is the same as all the rest and the same with apprenticeships, also ask your tutors in college what field is best for your study

Deleted member 6228

Going onto a degree wouldn't be a bad idea, this would allow you to join the Navy or RAF as an officer.
Other then that I know the navy engineering apprenticeships are good

• Informative
Reaction score
@Bert
College = Uni
High school = college
Middle school = Secondary school
Elementary school = primary school

Our friend here is in college/high school and is unsure on what he wants to progress into.

Deleted member 5577

I'm not sure if you're a bit late for apprenticeships, the ones I've been looking at had deadlines similar to UCAS but I guess they're worth a look

• Informative
Reaction score
From "Kindergarden" To 6th grade, you'd be in "Primary school". From 7th grade to 11th grade, you'd be in "Secondary school" or "high school" From 12th grade + You'd be in college or sixth form, and going to university would be post-schooling education.