Driving ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reaction score
Now that I have your attention
Before this begins, this will is supposed to be a thread discussing the driving on the server and to what extent it needs to be clarified.

Right now I feel that the basic knowledge for any person on perp is to just hold W and press A and D then press spacebar in a turn to get forward in life.

It pisses me off to see that people that aren't law enforcement try to drive around a moving object that is clearly larger than them and trying to turn around, you end up ramming them and they start complaining about it.
For any driver in real life it would be common knowledge to wait for the object to be out of the way before trying to wiggle yourself around it as if you were a snake.

I rarely see anyone trying to imitate real life driving behavior and it ends up with a bunch of confusion when any situation occurs.
On multiple occasions I've met drivers who complained about something that's so obvious, even a 12 year old could see the wrong in it, and yet they still have the audacity to complain about you as an officer, your actions.

As if that wasn't enough, the current traffic laws only define the current road markings, signs, how to park and how to operate the vehicle, none of it describes driving behavior, what's wrong and what is correct.

If you accidentally swing onto the wrong side of the road and correct yourself, the officer may just ignore you or charge you for reckless driving regardless of excuse.
Not to mention that if we take 12.11 and dissect it.
5438198ab4.png

Here's what we get, most of paralake drivers summed up doing the exact opposite.

I personally feel that driving lessons are due for most people in this community, and I also feel that a lot of the driving laws need to be clarified, in depth.
There's nothing explaining who should go first at an intersection without red and green automated lights. In Norway it's always the one to your left that has to yield to you when you're at such an intersection.
It's called the right hand yield rule, if you're at an intersection and a driver is to your right at the intersection you must yield to him.

You also get honked at if you try to drive like a normal human being because people tend to be impatient.

And a final note, most people who drive expensive cars tend to just slam on the gas and hit the E-brake at a turn, which most of the time ends up with them hitting the wall and damaging their car, but for most of them 3.15 doesn't count anyways, or does it?
I have to admit I do that myself with my BMW, but that's because paralake is messed up already.

Reaction score
There's nothing explaining who should go first at an intersection without red and green automated lights. In Norway it's always the one to your left that has to yield to you when you're at such an intersection.
It's called the right hand yield rule, if you're at an intersection and a driver is to your right at the intersection you must yield to him.

At intersections without red/green automated lights, driver(s) should first check for signage and/or road markings that suggest how you should proceed. STOP of course means STOP, yield lines (or shark teeth as some call them) mean you should yield to drivers on your left and right, etc. Only if there is no signage/road markings should the right hand yield rule be used.
Wouldn't mind if this was properly explained in the laws.

Reaction score
Wouldn't mind if this was properly explained in the laws.
In Norway this is already explained via laws, if perp is taking the serious route I highly doubt driving on perp can be ignored for much longer, and would have to do the same. There are just too many people that drive like complete maniacs, or like it was their first time handling a vehicle.

However there are a couple of intersections where signs aren't included, such as the suburbs monorail intersection, from there every driver just barges on and slams into the other because they believe they have the right of way, when in hindsight they don't.

Last edited:

rat

Reaction score
No one's going do drive safely until we actually get a working system with records of past offences with which we can legally prohibit someone from driving.

Sad truth, but no one cares enough to adhere to basic traffic laws much.

Small part of the bigger problem.

Reaction score
pointless thread is pointless
if people can get away it, they will do it.
as long as its not against the server rules i fail to see why this thread is needed
if youre butthurt that people complain at you when theyre in the wrong after an accident i dont see why you dont just tell them to fuck off and/or use any IC means to get it resolved