A change to rule 3.22 - Highway Driving

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
A change to rule 3.22 - Highway Driving

New Rule

3.22 Highway Driving - Players should at all times drive on the correct side of the highway and should not perform unrealistic maneuvers while driving along the highway, for example performing a U-turn or driving down the wrong off ramp. In addition traffic laws must be obeyed while at the intersection, this includes stopping at red lights. However if a player can provide reasonable proof that their life is in danger or they are being chased by the police they may disregard this rule.

Previous Rule

3.22 Highway Driving- Players should at all times drive on the correct side of the highway and should not perform unrealistic maneuvers while driving along the highway, for example performing a U turn or driving down the wrong off ramp, unless the player can provide reasonable proof that their life was in danger or are being chased by the police.

After @StephenPuffs raised the idea about making highway driving stricter, we had a discussion between the staff team and came to a conclusion to add this rule.

Essentially, it just means running red lights at the intersection is a no-go now. So, I know some people will not be in favor of the rule but the reasons behind adding this rule really do benefit everyone. A lot of accidents happen at the intersection due to people just heading down the highway at top speed and disregarding the red light and end up T-boning someone which usually results in a car getting wrecked. But as well, it just looks and is completely unrealistic.

By adding this rule hopefully it'll encourage players to actually stop at other lights, not just the intersection which in my opinion would be great as it means Police don't have to engage into pointless pursuits every other minute. Additionally, it will cause less accidents around the intersection like the PD and the Hospital since those are usually caused by people speeding up to the intersection

I hope the majority of people are okay with this being added, thanks!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Even though I am one of them people who just go through a red light, I like this idea when will it be added?

Reaction score
Here's a little question, if a person in your car's life in danger can you cross the red light? (Lets say someone got shot at the PD and is bleeding to death, can someone take them to the hospital if the paramedics are busy? Or is that still against the rule)

Garrett Woodfield

Nice, i wish that the car damage rule was way more serious, many people dont give a shit about it. They crash aww bang 10 seconds later, woop woop cya later...

Reaction score
I personally like the rule change of 3.22 -

I have many times experienced that, not just on chases, however also dirty drivers driving onto the ramp, and suddenly causing a fatal crash which can lead into a warning (If LEO etc). It's also in general annoying, if people drives into the wrong lane during a pursuit, as they don't really do that in real life.. (In denmark it rarely happens so no haters) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.