Police Suggestion Driving License and Point System!

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Driving License and Point System!
Suggestion Description: First of all, I think the driving violation system at the moment is absolutely terrible and is not realistic. I have seen few people suggest driving license but not the point system. In a normal traffic stop the officer will normally ask you " Do you know why you have been pulled over today?" and then will write you a ticket. However, this is not realistic at all and this why I believe adding driving license and the point system will help stop car minging and add realism.

1. Driving license:

A driving license can be obtained by either going to the city hall or the car dealer to answer 10 question which is randomly picked.
If you answer above 8 questions right you can get a driving license. If you lose your driving license by giving it to a random person you have to reapply by going to the city hall, but you have to wait 3 hours between every time you fail or apply for a driving license. You can also get your driving license revoked by the point system ( which I will talk about later). Driving license can also be given to police officer to check for identity and registration. You can also drive without a driving license this can lead to hefty ticket or jail time if caught without it. Police will actually need to ask for driving license when doing a traffic stop to add points to someone but you can ticket someone without needing a driving license ( for cars illegally parked). You left click with your driving license out you can check your points and driving record and if you right click you can give your driving license to someone.

2. Point system:

This is a new system which I think will really crack down on the car minging and traffic collisions at the moment. The point system will allow police officers to add points to your driving license for any traffic code violations. If the points on your driving license exceeds 6 points your driving license will be revoked and your car will be impounded. You then have to reapply for your driving license to get your car back. However, if the user has another car they can still drive it without a driving license unless they get caught driving it. Police officer can check the number of points they have on the police computer.

Thank you for reading, my main goal for this suggestion was stopping car minging and actually allow traffic stop to be more realistic and fun. If you have any question please do ask.

Why should this be added?:
Pros:
-Stop the increasing number of car minging.
-Many rich people in this servers don't really care about tickets and speed with their super cars.
-More realism
-Less VDM
-Better RP experience.
-Enforce better traffic.

What negatives could this have?:
Cons:
-Quite a lot of coding and work.
-People might lose their driving license.

Last edited:
Reaction score
@vithushan20 Why don’t you suggest a rule suggestion for 3.22 to be expanded more and made clearer. This way players will be punished…
I don't think it will help that much because reckless
if you see it, report it.

If you don’t think it’s being punished/enforced then Collier or the community managers are probably the best people to speak to and they can share a reminder to the staff team.
Reckless driving isn't really breaking the rules. It is still part of the RP and I don't think I will ever report someone for reckless driving unless he is doing VDM.

Reaction score
I don't think it will help that much because reckless

Reckless driving isn't really breaking the rules. It is still part of the RP and I don't think I will ever report someone for reckless driving unless he is doing VDM.
Reckless driving without a reason is breaking rules 3.3, 3.4, 3.15 & 3.22

You wouldn’t (unless you are @Segeco ) jump in your car and start driving on the wrong side of the road and jumping red lights for no reason. Therefore it’s against the rules!

Reaction score
this whole idea is yoinked from fiveM, the reason it doesn't work is likewise with prison sentence time being 10 mins max. It's not befitting to try to bring something which is from a different style of roleplay to PERP because PERP is way more fast-paced and different.

It makes sense in FiveM because FiveM does 60 minute jail sentences and other long-term punishments like damaging your driver's license reputation however here even if you are warranted for murder and you die you lose your warrant so how would it make sense that somebody just keeps the same driver's reputation after death or if it does reset after death wouldn't it just take forever to lower their reputation before each death rendering this whole suggestion a big waste of time of development resources and roleplay effort?
I got this idea from real life, I have never played FiveM. If you get a point it is permanent to your driving license it doesn't reset.

Reaction score

You wouldn’t (unless you are @Segeco ) jump in your car and start driving on the wrong side of the road and jumping red lights for no reason. Therefore it’s against the rules!
Yes, it is breaking the rules but most of the time its PD who is responding to reckless driving to some extent.

Reaction score
You do realise that what you just said in the first few sentences is false? The officer that is pulling over someone will ask for their ID using the /me, then returning to their vehicle click the anpr button, click the car model and then they will see the name and so on. Furthermore you said there was going to be less VDM? How?

Reaction score
You do realise that what you just said in the first few sentences is false? The officer that is pulling over someone will ask for their ID using the /me, then returning to their vehicle click the anpr button, click the car model and then they will see the name and so on. Furthermore you said there was going to be less VDM? How?
Whenever police officers pull me over they never ask for any sort of ID they just tell you what i stated. Less VDM will be caused because less people will drive recklessly or speed meaning less vehicular death ( I did phrase this quite badly).

Reaction score
I get you, but, if it was punished severely it would put people off.

If running across the intersection wasn’t punished everyone would do it, but we all know we could get banned so we don’t!
Fair, i mean all im saying is some in-game harsher counsequences might be good as well.

I will say i have my own ideas about how Car Licenses would work though, ill post it tomorrow or later today, as a comment to this thread. I dont think the one @WIZARDpc is fully fitting to perp.

I have to say, sadly this is incorrect. People recklessy drive on purpose regardless of the rules day in, day out. jumping red lights, even the intersection red light is something people do without doubting it at all. Wrong side of the road, wrong side of highway is very common as well.

So common that if you wanted to ban people for it, it would be detrimental lmao

Reaction score
Whenever police officers pull me over they never ask for any sort of ID they just tell you what i stated. Less VDM will be caused because less people will drive recklessly or speed meaning less vehicular death ( I did phrase this quite badly).
Ok, I understand what you mean. But those who commit VDM and get their licences removed, they can just take the quiz again. I agree it would be more realistic but then less fun

Reaction score
There is a lot of work that would need to make this happen, which would be better spent on changes that are going to have a more positive impact on the gameplay.