Server Suggestion Driving license

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Driving license
Suggestion Description:
Acquire:
An option at the city hall to apply for a license is added

Player applies by answering a quiz that tests them on their competency in regards to section 12 of the law.

After that, the applicant can drive a car textured to look like a driving test car around the city reaching certain checkpoints. The end point would be to return to City Hall. If the vehicle is tiered or wrecked, the test is failed.

If they succeed they are granted a license.

Punishment:
If the player is arrested 3 times for a driving infraction, they just retake the quiz for $250 (money his to city funds).

Realism or Fun?

I would say licenses should expire, however that would require an added law to prohibit driving without one. If one is added I suggest it:
- expires 1 month
- a law is added to prohibit driving without one.
- you can also retake the quiz for $250

Why should this be added?:
- more realistic
- more fun for some
- allows legal jobs to benefit more
- more depth to roleplay
- better traffic stops

What negatives could this have?:
- inconvenient for criminals

What problem would this suggestion solve?: This is inspired by https://perpheads.com/threads/driving-level-overhaul.45729/

It is meant to add more depth to the whole driving aspect of PERP. Making it so the game is less of an MMO RPG and more of character development roleplay style progression.

Reaction score
Reminds me of SAMP (GTA San Andreas MP) from back in the day. As a kid didnt have to patience to complete the drivers license. Resorted to go play as a clown to /rape anyone I came across.

Personally wouldnt mind them adding this but I think it would annoy lots of people sadly. They want to make PH more new comer friendly, which I understand but is a shame for peeps who want more serious/advanced RP.

+1 cuz most will downvote anyway.

Reaction score
It’s literally perpheads what form of everybody growing drugs in their houses and then getting raided every 5 minutes or mowing down police officers and then going on cop duty moments later show that this is a serious and or realistic server?

Just a waste of time and inconvenient, sorry man but no

Reaction score
Police does not even respond to half the incidents let alone traffic violations. Nobody cares about traffic laws because police themselves don't and I guarantee that government employees only follow them because it is actual rule.

Reaction score
I like the idea if they made it a job for the drivers test as an instructor.
So people have to prove they know the street signs and the laws.

All the downvotes are people who run every stop sign and redlight even when they aren't doing any criminal activities. "Which is the only reason u should be running them" Literally ruins any immersion of realism on this server. Even though this is a "serious rp" server the owner/devs keep shying away from it and not punishing those who ruin it for the rest of us.

I came to this server thinking it was gonna be better but the more i play the more i realize its just an arcady playground for trolls and rules can be stretched on a whim.
Good idea man but it will never come to be.

Reaction score
Police does not even respond to half the incidents let alone traffic violations. Nobody cares about traffic laws because police themselves don't and I guarantee that government employees only follow them because it is actual rule.
Its not that we don't care... If I'd have an option to opt out of most shootouts, I'd do so and handle traffic stuff.

Not because I wouldn't like shootouts, but I enjoy being an overly annoying traffic cop a lot too.

A lot of regular officers also avoid traffic stops due to a lack of knowledge or just looking for bigger offenses.

Reaction score
but you may aswell add firearms license then
That idea would automatically imply a whole rework of section 7 of the Paralake Penal code to reflect these changes.

I’ve seen a few times campaigns were started to hire on more RTOs for the RTU division, I think more roleplay on their end can really help with that as well as make the job of RTOs, Taxis and RC as a whole more interesting.

Reaction score
That idea would automatically imply a whole rework of section 7 of the Paralake Penal code to reflect these changes.

I’ve seen a few times campaigns were started to hire on more RTOs for the RTU division, I think more roleplay on their end can really help with that as well as make the job of RTOs, Taxis and RC as a whole more interesting.
just imagine ,roughly 100 people at once doing a driving test and officers having to add points to your licence and alldat

Reaction score
just imagine ,roughly 100 people at once doing a driving test and officers having to add points to your licence and alldat
why would you assume the feature would allow 100 people to do a driving test at once to begin with? Its just like chop shop, if too many are doing it you wait until a slot is free.

Reaction score
why would you assume the feature would allow 100 people to do a driving test at once to begin with? Its just like chop shop, if too many are doing it you wait until a slot is free.
so none can drive until the backlog is cleared, if it was to be implemented it would probably have been implemented earlier

Reaction score
Quizzes before a job isn’t stopping people mass rulebreaking as any other job, why would a drivers license system make a difference?

Reaction score
I like the idea if they made it a job for the drivers test as an instructor.
So people have to prove they know the street signs and the laws.

All the downvotes are people who run every stop sign and redlight even when they aren't doing any criminal activities. "Which is the only reason u should be running them" Literally ruins any immersion of realism on this server. Even though this is a "serious rp" server the owner/devs keep shying away from it and not punishing those who ruin it for the rest of us.

I came to this server thinking it was gonna be better but the more i play the more i realize its just an arcady playground for trolls and rules can be stretched on a whim.
Good idea man but it will never come to be.

sorry to blow your bubble but if you've come on gmod to expect any degree of serious and or realistic roleplay, you're not in the right place

IC laws/rules/police wanting to prevent road laws from being broken will never work, I can tell you this as firsthand from somebody who has roleplayed in serious gta communities where the police were over the top in enforcing road laws. nobody still ever followed them

I can also tell you administrating it OOCly will sow discontent between the average player and staff because the average player will see it as a "stupid" rule, and of course, the average player will get punished for it. It's a video game, no less, it's gmod, people want to go to places quicker, not recreate their morning commutes on a video game. start, stop, clutch, shift, go...

i love the argument that this server is meant to be serious/realistic roleplay, please tell me 1 aspect of it that is anywhere near serious and or realistic lol