Driving points

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Currently I have no idea of what driving level does (Please tell me :p). But an idea of what it could do is give you driving points according to your level. When you get a ticket you get 1 point and if you get (for example) 2 points at level 2 driving, or 8 points at level 8 driving your car will be impounded. To get it back you would have to do a little test which you go to the car dealership to do.

Reaction score
The higher your driving level is the lower chance you have of spinning your car out of control i think.

Reaction score
Doesn't have any effect.
We thought about making expensive car require a higher driving skill.

Reaction score
Fredy;n2651 said:
Doesn't have any effect.
We thought about making expensive car require a higher driving skill.
That sounds like a pretty good idea however the max driving skill would be around 100?

Reaction score
Yea something like that Rihsky. Just because some people obviously shouldn't be driving, but unfortunately there's no way we can really test how well someone is driving when they level up. So someone could get level 100 while driving on the wrong side of the road the entire time (obviously not suggesting anyone do this). But would make getting more expensive cars harder/more fun because you have to actually sort of do more than just show up at the car dealer with a wad of cash.

Reaction score
Maybe have a speed limit set same with the law's speed limit until you reach a certain level of driving. After the new player drives for some time with the capped speed limit he can decide to speed when it's needed.

Reaction score
That's not a bad idea either Ruby, limiting speed depending on level. Could combine with the unlocking of cars, so even if you buy an expensive car you can't necessarily max it out straight away. Since I see far too many people always speeding. While I have no problem with it outside the city (if it doesn't effect other cars on the road) inside the city it is far too chaotic to allow people to speed through there. Which is why there is a rule against that, but limiting the speed would also help prevent newer people from going to get a job then having a car to CDM with. While we don't generally don't have minges (thankfully) I think it would help people learn the ropes of driving and everything, since some people such as myself have a terrible ping which makes driving difficult, so if people can work their way up to max speed, by the time they get there, they would have some idea of how their ping effects their driving. Speed obviously changes things, but the main problem is learning how far in advance you need to react before it takes effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.