Energy Providers (UK)

• Thread starter Deleted member 1235
  • Start date

Deleted member 1235

This thread is aimed entirely at UK people who pay their own electricity bills, so if you're not from UK or pay your own bills then this will bore you.

*Insert @Rogue Matiz Tyres voice*

Right so basically, I'm currently on a DD fixed price tarrif with Npower. When I moved into my flat in July, I was paying about £43 a month, up until September when it increased to £70, then £93. I only live in a 2 bedroom flat and we don't have the heating on, and are usually out all day.

My mother, who lives in a house with 6 others, pays something like £110 for both gas and electricity with Eon, whilst I'm paying £93 for just electricity for 2 people.

I know I'm being ripped off, and now Npower are trying to say I owe an extra £72 ontop of the £92 bills, because I've apparently been paying too little.

I'm curious to know what other people are with and how much they pay roughly in the Winter and Summer months. Npower have a horrible customer service record, and still think I owe them £40 for two weeks with them (during this 2 weeks we didn't even have a TV or Internet box in the flat yet). Who should I go with? Some places are offering savings of £200 but I want something for the long term and fairly standard rates?

Reaction score
Can't you just use a price comparison site? Energy supplier increase their price over time because they rely on people being too lazy to switch over. Won't be too hard to find a better deal if they've doubled their price over the last year.

Deleted member 5193

Can't you just use a price comparison site? Energy supplier increase their price over time because they rely on people being too lazy to switch over. Won't be too hard to find a better deal if they've doubled their price over the last year.

Honestly this sums it up. Anytime we renew we either use comparison sites or we call about six different companies making up shit about being quoted cheaper elsewhere. Sadly though it's gonna be expensive however you do it, just is these days.

Reaction score
My whole house is powered by my hamster in his wheel which we hooked to a generator.