Fallout 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I just bought Fallout 4 and just wanted to play, but well, the game is fucking around. When I start it it says it is gonna set the perfect graphic settings and sets it to Ultra. I started it and it was in borderless windowed mode. I closed the game again, started it up again, it said it is setting graphics to Ultra again and I opened the options, removed the hook for borderless and windowed, pressed "ok" and started the game. It still was in borderless window mode and I could not do anything in the game, I can't even start a new game. I've done the same thing over and over again, but when I open the options after I altered the settings it goes back to borderless windowed mode again. Does anybody know how to fix this?

Reaction score
Have you tried verifying the integrity of your game cache?

If you did, what operating system do you use, and how many bits does your processor support? Depending on this try to update DirectX and Microsoft Visual C++ redistributables.

Reaction score
Go to PC\Documents\Games\Fallout 4\

Go into Fallout4Prefs, find the values:

bBorderless=
bFull Screen=

Change them to this:

bBorderless=1
bFull Screen=1

If they look like that already then idk, sorry.

Reaction score
Fixed it by myself. For all who experience same issues:
When you can't use your mouse/keyboard ingame make sure to unplug any gamepad.
When you can't play in full-screen mode or experience any other bug within the game just press mods while in the game menu and download the "Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch", restart your game and it should all run smoothly.

Status
Not open for further replies.