FireFighter Roleplay Enhancement Suggestion.

• Thread starter Deleted member 4431
  • Start date

Deleted member 4431

Topic: Car Crashes - Firemen are needed.

Short explanation (in notes):
- FireFighters get a cutting tool
- People stuck in vehicles
- Happens when cars collide at a large speed.

Detailed description (why should it become added/...):
I love roleplaying as a FireFighter, however the occurance of a Fire is extremely unlikely and barely ever happens, and even when it does, it only lasts a while.
FireFighters need to be given more things to do like they are in real life.
Therefore i am suggesting that When cars collide at a high speed, Firemen are needed, in which scenario they take out their cutter tool and spend around 5 minutes trying to IC'ly Pry open the doors so they can get out. This can also happen when a person is unconscious due to crashing, Instead o them flying through the window, they could ragdoll INSIDE a Prop. During this Process, the car entity is turned into a Prop, therefore the player ragdoll sits nicely inside.

Optional additions:
- Create/Add a Cutting Tool, which is a small or large saw that firemen have upon going On-Duty.
- Bodies are to stay inside cars 70% of the time in the instance of a crash.
- FireFighters get more of a job, or natural fire occurances.
Hmm.
Well, Maybe instead of that that the cars would have to be Cut or Separated anyway to make them movable, in which roadcrew come in to Tow and Repair.

Reaction score
An amazing idea, definitely, I believe something along these lines has been suggested before, however... it would be over-complicating things. although I 100% agree with you that firefighters need a larger role in the game, this isn't it.

More trouble than it's worth IMO

EDIT: So as just to clarify my position as of this point: -Support

Last edited:
Reaction score
+Support
This would definitely make the fire-fighter job more popular among players and give them more to do.

Deleted member 4431

Heh, I just came onto the forums and posted this :p
But yes, FireFighters also need things that are Physically seen on them.
By this, I mean that sometimes you can get a Gas Mask, and Oxygen Tank.
This should stop any hazardous Air/Chemicals from Damaging them untill air runs out, allowing them to sterelize and take control of area's before police move in.

Reaction score
In my opinion this would seem like an addition that is convinient exclusively to firefighters and just plain annoyances for others.
The things that worry me is people crash their cars all the time and if it takes 5 minutes to just get them out, no to mention the time it takes for the firefighters to get to and from the destinations, it would end up people being stuck for 20 minutes because the firefighters are busy rescuing 4 other people in very different places.
Not to mention when there are no firefighters, what would happen then?

Deleted member 4431

In my opinion this would seem like an addition that is convinient exclusively to firefighters and just plain annoyances for others.
The things that worry me is people crash their cars all the time and if it takes 5 minutes to just get them out, no to mention the time it takes for the firefighters to get to and from the destinations, it would end up people being stuck for 20 minutes because the firefighters are busy rescuing 4 other people in very different places.

This is serious Roleplay my friend.
The time should be kept to 5 Minutes, or even longer.
Or else this will end up the same as fires.
A Road is closed off for 2 minutes, then the fire is gone and people are back to normal.
this should be a Lengthy thing that takes time.

If there are no firefighters, Roadcrew could tow away the CRUMPLED Vehicle, later dismantling it into scrap at the Scrap yard, in which the player has to retrieve their car again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
I +Support the idea however when there is no firefighters online (Like a lot of the time) what would happen to the guys stuck in the car? Would they just be stuck there? or would they get out of their car automatically after a certain period of time?

Deleted member 4431

As said, if unconscious, They obviously die over time just like they do normally.
If not they are stuck in the car, And most likely bleeding with heavy injuries, either dying, or awaiting a fireman.
This also links onto firemen having Medkits.

EDIT: Also, kinda links in with this suggestion, More people will be playing as FireFighters, as they have more of a role and more things to do, and a bigger reliability.
[DOUBLEPOST=1448912384,1448909468][/DOUBLEPOST]FireFighter is a "Dead" Job, because the only people who play it have patience, and realise that when they are called that the sweet 5 minutes they are in action are worth it.
However this doesn't happen often.

Reaction score

That is my question too. How would you get the person out of the car if there is no firefighters on duty? I Agree that firefighters needs more to do but as Imperial Watch said it would be annoying AF to wait 20 minuts for the firegithers to rescue several others first.

If those problems are solved it would be a good support from me. But for now I remain -/+ Neutral

Deleted member 4431

It is 99% Impossible to be in a Car crash at that velocity and not be bleeding,
That is my question too. How would you get the person out of the car if there is no firefighters on duty? I Agree that firefighters needs more to do but as Imperial Watch said it would be annoying AF to wait 20 minuts for the firegithers to rescue several others first.

If those problems are solved it would be a good support from me. But for now I remain -/+ Neutral
unconcious, or have serious trauma that will result in death if not treated, which is what will result in DEATH. There could also be a feature of trying to pry the door open on your own with things, but i think you all get my point here.

Add:
We all know that the minute a fire happens, a FireFighter jumps on-duty. There's no denying that when this situation happens, FireFighters will become on-duty, as RP'ing as a firefighter can be extremely fun, and has a lot of potential when you think about it.

Reaction score
I like the idea, however bare in mind that if someone drives at a very high speed and crash's into an obstacle, then the chances of them flying out of the window increase a lot.

Reaction score
The vehicle models are not hollow inside which means the rag doll would collide horribly with the vehicle, resulting in lag or strange effects. If we give the fire fighters a med kit again, they will put the medics out of business. There's a reason we removed their med kits. Oxygen tanks and masks are just cosmetics right now. We've discussed about putting a use to them before, with no solid outcome. There are many things we created for our server and haven't yet gotten time to finish up or decide what we're going to do with, so right now this suggestion would have to wait at the end of the line like many other good suggestions here on the forums. I appreciate the idea, Black Mesa, and keep up the good roleplay!

I'm not going to archive this suggestion as to leave it open for others to post.

b3c511052a.jpg

Was bored and made a new fire hose. Will be texturing it and making animations so that we can put this baby to use!

Last edited: