Fix to lost gun sounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
So recently a lot of people have been suffering the loss of gun sounds in their perp experience and i was one of these people. It started to annoy me and so i did some research and i have found a fix. This has worked for everyone who has tried it and so i decided to make a guide on it too just in case anyone else has the problem.

The fix:

Now, just a warning. This is a fix that worked for me, it may work for you or it may not. Also this is a fix for people who have used CScheater for content. Myself, i had bought CSS but used CScheater for HL2 content.
NO MATTER WHAT CONTENT YOU GOT, YOU NEED TO DO THIS PROCESS FOR ALL CONTENT FOLDERS.

So the way that i fixed it was, you need to go to your garrysmod addons folder and find the content that you got off of CS cheater and go into the scripts folder.
ddacf5c7d1.png

Inside this folder you will find multiple files that start with:
"game_sounds_(something).txt" <---- Delete all the files that start with game_sounds_ but only from the scripts folder.

Repeat this step for all content folders off of CScheater and the gun sounds should work once again. It worked for me and hopefully it will work for you too! Good luck!

Reaction score
huh... for some point it doesn't work for me. Some of the gun sounds are back but for example Glock or Beretta M9 still has no sounds. Damn.

Reaction score
For 5 months I was stuck without sounds on these guns. For 3 months I listened for bullet casings dropping and bullet impacts. Now I have the whole package. Thanks archi.

Status
Not open for further replies.