Forced ERP/Rape RP

What do you think should be done?

• It should be banned under all circumstances

Votes: 17 13.3%
  • It should be banned but only if the other user does not give consent to the roleplay

Votes: 35 27.3%
  • I don't really care

Votes: 34 26.6%
  • It shouldn't be banned at all.

Votes: 31 24.2%
  • I

Votes: 11 8.6%

• Total voters
Reaction score
So a while ago there was a rule suggestion to ban RapeRP if the victim did not consent OOC to the role play. I'm not sure exactly how long ago it was, but I felt that it was worth addressing again, so I figured I'd make a poll about it. So what do you think about this?

(Fun fact, describing sexual acts to a minor whether consensual or not is illegal on the US)

Edit:
Fuckin thing added "I" as a poll choice for some reason.

Reaction score
Fun fact; the server is not from US, but from Germany.

That doesn't matter. At all actually. I understand that most players are not from the US but it does not change the fact that it is seen as objectively wrong in this country. That and if a player were from the US and did that they could be forced to register as a sex offender for something they thought was a joke.

Reaction score
That doesn't matter. At all actually. I understand that most players are not from the US but it does not change the fact that it is seen as objectively wrong in this country. That and if a player were from the US and did that they could be forced to register as a sex offender for something they thought was a joke.
Who wants to charge someone from a Gmod

Reaction score
@Thomas DeSimone Remember this thread?
@Not european
So the original thread happened a long time ago. Basically what happened was a person got banned for not sucking this guys cock( lol ). I remember you or someone said that it would remind them of a traumatic situation, but if that's the case. Why would we allow raiding and mugging in the game? This would O B V I O U S L Y trigger some kind of memory of others right?

no even tho ERP is hella gay you shouldn't be banned if you force it onto a player (especially at gunpoint)

Daigestive

Professional Stripper
Reaction score

Yeah mate, US banned Kinder Eggs even when guns are legal.

Just because Kinder Eggs are illegal in Murica doesn't mean I'm not allowed to eat a kinder egg here buddy.

Tl;dr

If Kinder eggs were legal, maybe there would be less shootings.

Regards,
Registered sex offender Dai-Gon Jinn.

Reaction score
ERP is an issue. It's one of those things that brings realism into the game, but also brings up very controversial topics.
First of all: As @Naked Snake said: "ERP is hella gay",
If you do it to a girl playing on the server it'll probably be seen as OOC harassment.
If your parents (assuming you're not batman, then butler) walk into your room only to hear you making dick choking noises.
If you do it to a person under the age of consent it can be issue from what I know.

There's just so many issues. What I believe is that players shouldn't be banned or warned for resisting in this situations, if they just want to avoid an awkward situation. I like the concept now... I don't want my mom walking in on me: "Please no dad, please. My butthole is so young"

Reaction score
Yeah mate, US banned Kinder Eggs even when guns are legal.

Just because Kinder Eggs are illegal in Murica doesn't mean I'm not allowed to eat a kinder egg here buddy.

Tl;dr

If Kinder eggs were legal, maybe there would be less shootings.

Regards,
Registered sex offender Dai-Gon Jinn.

Kinder eggs are not illegal. I buy them all the time.

Reaction score
Right

@Thomas DeSimone Remember this thread?
@Not european
So the original thread happened a long time ago. Basically what happened was a person got banned for not sucking this guys cock( lol ). I remember you or someone said that it would remind them of a traumatic situation, but if that's the case. Why would we allow raiding and mugging in the game? This would O B V I O U S L Y trigger some kind of memory of others right?

no even tho ERP is hella gay you shouldn't be banned if you force it onto a player (especially at gunpoint)

Rape and robbery are very different things. One of them is stealing the possessions of a person, the other is stealing their body and mind for nothing but personal pleasure. In a situation of rape, not only is the victim hurt physically but massively traumatized mentally. It isn't just some "Bad memory" but often causes those affected by it to relive that feeling through even consensual experiences in the future. I have seen what it has done to a friend of mine and it is horrible. Completely unable to accept the idea that his body is his own anymore. It's an awful thing to watch and even pretending to do it is disgusting if you are forcing the other player (another real human being) to act, and speak as if they are being raped.

Reaction score
Right

Rape and robbery are very different things. One of them is stealing the possessions of a person, the other is stealing their body and mind for nothing but personal pleasure. In a situation of rape, not only is the victim hurt physically but massively traumatized mentally. It isn't just some "Bad memory" but often causes those affected by it to relive that feeling through even consensual experiences in the future. I have seen what it has done to a friend of mine and it is horrible. Completely unable to accept the idea that his body is his own anymore. It's an awful thing to watch and even pretending to do it is disgusting if you are forcing the other player (another real human being) to act, and speak as if they are being raped.
You're telling me that a robbery hasn't traumatized anyone? Any kind of physical violence has the effect to give you a traumatic experience.

And the "Bad memory" part,
if you don't want to risk getting a traumatic flashback , how about you stop playing? Pretty sure your mental health is more important than a dumb game

Reaction score
You're telling me that a robbery hasn't traumatized anyone? Any kind of physical violence has the effect to give you a traumatic experience.

And the "Bad memory" part,
if you don't want to risk getting a traumatic flashback , how about you stop playing? Pretty sure your mental health is more important than a dumb game

Oh I guarantee you it has. But not nearly as badly as rape does. Are you unable to comprehend the difference between having a gun pointed at you, and dropping your wallet, because that other person needed the money, and having someone else's body inside of yours, forcefully under gunpoint, just because they thought it would feel good to completely abuse you just because they needed to get their rocks off on someone who didn't want it? It's a completely different psychological motivation, and it destroys people completely.

Reaction score
Oh I guarantee you it has. But not nearly as badly as rape does. Are you unable to comprehend the difference between having a gun pointed at you, and dropping your wallet, because that other person needed the money, and having someone else's body inside of yours, forcefully under gunpoint, just because they thought it would feel good to completely abuse you just because they needed to get their rocks off on someone who didn't want it? It's a completely different psychological motivation, and it destroys people completely.

". But not nearly as badly as rape does."

What the fuck does this mean? A traumatic experience is a traumatic experience. It doesn't matter which one is worse. Soldiers in wars don't need to get shot, beat up or stabbed for them to develop PTSD. It all differs from people to people.

Reaction score
". But not nearly as badly as rape does."

What the fuck does this mean? A traumatic experience is a traumatic experience. It doesn't matter which one is worse. Soldiers in wars don't need to get shot, beat up or stabbed for them to develop PTSD. It all differs from people to people.

*sigh* Okay, so here's the thing. Traumatic experiences do not all equal in severity. I suggest you read up on psychological trauma of feeling like your own body has been stolen from you, while fearing for your life. I don't have the time nor energy to give you a psychology lesson.

Also, in addition to this. As defined by the Merriam-Webster Dictionary, rape is.

unlawful sexual activity and usually sexual intercourse carried out forcibly or under threat of injury against a person's will or with a person who is beneath a certain age or incapable of valid consent because of mental illness, mental deficiency, intoxication, unconsciousness, or deception

This makes forcing a player to ERP with you against their will, by definition, rape.

Reaction score
Out of the thousands of possible discussion topics you pick rape...?

Reaction score
I agree with this. There are a'lot of young people that play the server and i don't really think its okay to have the option to be able to rape those kids.