Forum Organization Changes

Reaction score
  • Staff
Organizations within the forums have always been a grey area where we did not monitor their behavior much other than when the Report feature was used. They were treated as a mix of both OOC and IC, however there were no specific rules in place that regulated organization posts.

This has lead to several organization posts including information about their illegal activities, such as muggings, bank robberies, marijuana growing operations, etc. As well as several instances of behavior which does not conform to the rules of the forums.

From this point on organization posts will be regarded as a website homepage for that organization. However this website would be treated as though it were hosted within a western country so it is subject to guidelines similar to that of /advert. This includes but is not limited to, no discussion of illegal activities, no outright discriminatory behavior, and real life images. You are welcome to discuss these topics in game and share your true propaganda that way, but the posts in the Organizations section must be void of this. We will notify people that are in violation of these terms and give them a few days to clear it up before deletion. As owner please check your own organization threads as soon as possible.

Reaction score
From this point on organization posts will be regarded as a website homepage for that organization. However this website would be treated as though it were hosted within a western country so it is subject to guidelines similar to that of /advert.
http://traditionalistamericanknights.com/

What is your point?
You and your staff team have been shutting down that KKK page constantly, there is a real one right there for you, meeting ALL your conditions, but that is not shut down, is it?

Reaction score
I honestly don't like this, it removes what makes the org forums actually cause excitement within it. The org forum has mainly served to be a barrier between OOC and IC, putting holes between the walls for different purposes; war declarations, propaganda, applications, etc; like a cell membrane. Look at the Quality Street/Belinsky Family page and compare it with a book, it gets you to want to go deeper into the story of everything; the origins of rivalries, the outcomes of battles, the interception of the war via police. If it was all cut then it would be no doubt a pretty boring read. This is not the only reason that this new rule will ruin the org forum; it also unites players from the confines of the forums to IG matters. Applications will become near useless, a lack of propaganda will encourage players to join the losing/worse org. All in all, this will create social barriers and disunify organisation members.
The org forum is too help unify the forum populace with both IC and OOC matters.
Btw I am not responding to criminalphobic flames via comments

Reaction score
User was warned for 2.2 - Replying/Commenting
I honestly don't like this, it removes what makes the org forums actually cause excitement within it. The org forum has mainly served to be a barrier between OOC and IC, putting holes between the walls for different purposes; war declarations, propaganda, applications, etc; like a cell membrane. Look at the Quality Street/Belinsky Family page and compare it with a book, it gets you to want to go deeper into the story of everything; the origins of rivalries, the outcomes of battles, the interception of the war via police. If it was all cut then it would be no doubt a pretty boring read. This is not the only reason that this new rule will ruin the org forum; it also unites players from the confines of the forums to IG matters. Applications will become near useless, a lack of propaganda will encourage players to join the losing/worse org. All in all, this will create social barriers and disunify organisation members.
The org forum is too help unify the forum populace with both IC and OOC matters.
Btw I am not responding to criminalphobic flames via comments
Not needed

However, I could be biased because I'm extremely insensitive and uncaring but that's my two cents.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
I don't really see what this change has accomplished regarding having an actual good experience in the community? All it's really done in my opinion is completely ruin a big part of organisations which was probably one of the most fun parts. Now that this rule has been implemented there's not really any good way for people to define between organisations because they're all the same, bland page with a big chunk missing out of them and introducing this has ruined a lot of creativity and fun within the community. This is honestly one of the worst decisions I've seen in a long time and this has pretty much ruined the organisation section. Why not just change the title to Legal Businesses? It's not like it can be used for much else other than that anymore. I honestly don't see why you decided to ruin a system which people have put many hours of effort into because one dim-witted individual decided to make an offensive org page.

Also; there's no need to remove the dumb ratings - we're expressing our opinion of it being dumb.

Last edited:
Reaction score
So from now on, we can only have PassiveRP organizations as any other organizations can't post their activities and other things on their forum post. This'll lead into many questions to what organization actually do. Just because 1 individual abuses the organization system, all others have to pay for this?

Alex

RIP Organisation section... I find this as a really dumb update lol.

Reaction score
Like most people have said it literally removes 50% of the fun within organizations, your page on the forum literally represents the whole organization one of the best things about it was you could put WHATEVER you wanted on there, the freedom was amazing and now you've turned it into some boring page that'll have a few nicely edited pictures on there with a few rules, because what else can you put on there?

And removing the ratings was a really pointless thing to do, if you can't take negative opinions don't take the positive.

LEWIS 088

German Leader
Reaction score
I somewhat agree that this was a little too far, All that should have been done was the forum rules enforced on the org pages, So that there was no disrespectful behavior etc, Now people who have done nothing wrong are losing out because of one person who decided to make an extremely disrespectful org.

Although I'm grateful at least that something was done about this and appreciate your effort Bolli.

I do however think org pages should be still able to post about activities as long as it complies with forum rules etc.

Reaction score
Solution:

We got internet And THE dark Side!

Make a new folder for official Things/internet site of orgs And one underground& unofficial folder in which we keep what is going on with the orgs as they are NOW!

Solved, everyone happy!

~mobile

Reaction score
Maybe Let Police try to arrest people that say they have drugs on their org page. Not now, maybe about 2 months later.

Reaction score
Seems like quite a lot of members are ignoring what Bolli says in this thread. I'll recommend people to start following this, and not go against the senior administration team, or else i'll happily warn people.

Reaction score
This rule is stupid. What's the point of having an org page when you can't say what you do or make a war threat??

Reaction score
I don't get why you're all salty about this, the forum is effectively the same as an advert in game. You dont go around putting adverts in game saying "Join our org we mug ppl" without punishment because it's not realistic

Reaction score
I kind of do agree with this. The forums is just like an advert as @Chrissy said. It wouldn't be realistic to say "We grow drugs."
Online, if you actually do that, police can find you and arrest you.

I still do think people will just not give a crap about this, just because people do not care.