Forums - Mark as best answer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Description of the idea: On the current support section of the forums, people don't always post or mark the solution which helped them fix the problem they were having. This addon would allow for replies to threads to be marked as 'Best Answer' by the OP. Threads posted in the support section would also have a red or green symbol next to them to indicate whether it's been resolved or not, making it easier and quicker for people to find a potential solution.

Why should this be added? (pros):

What negatives could this have? (cons):
  • I'm not entirely sure how XenForo works but may be difficult to implement depending on how the addon is structured.

*Other additions: N/A

%D0%93%D0%B8%D1%84%D0%BA%D0%B0-gif.171306

Example of the OP marking a reply as the solution / best answer. Could extend it so staff can also mark and reply as the best answer on the support section (useful for helpers).

Reaction score
Sounds like a good idea,

maybe offer aswell to push it up, by the thread holder, like the second message on the thread? or does Xenforo not allow this?

Reaction score
The answer with the solution that worked is most usually the last one, before a staff member closes and moves the thread, I don't really see this helping a lot but I guess it wouldn't hurt to have

Reaction score
  • Staff
I know that with LTT Forums, the solution reply gets put at the very top of the page. With stackoverflow, the top reply is the best solution. I like this idea as it makes it even easier to find a soltuion, but not sure if it's possible with this addon. This would need to be looked at.

Reaction score
  • Staff
I think it should be sort of a requirement to actually post your solution onto the forums because at least half of the support posts just say 'Solved' but that's not helpful at all for someone with the same problem. If stackoverflow just consisted of people replying resolved and not actually posting a solution, I'd probably be out of a job lol.

Reaction score

Reaction score
  • Staff
@Creepis Ah, my bad. This is definitely something the forums need because it makes a post pretty pointless if there is no solution listed.

Status
Not open for further replies.