Forums | Replying to replies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Description of the idea: Have the ability to reply (comment) on replies on all forum sections, without being forced to quote them instead.

Why should this be added? (pros): There can be a small discussion on a certain point that was brought up by a player who just made a reply without having to fill the whole page with replies that do not necessarily talk directly about the main subject of the thread.

What negatives could this have? (cons): I can't think of any.

*Images: The suggestion might be a bit confusing, I mean being able to have this
AEpZkiD.png
on all threads.

Maybe I am missing something, I am not sure.

Reaction score
If I understand what correctly what you are trying to suggest is that a comment can have a subcomment which has a subsubcomment but shows up as a subcomment? And make it so it will show as a comment to the subcomment. This sounds confusing but if this is what you mean i would suggest reddits way of doing this by indenting on the subcomment. Like this:Screenshot_20201027-160200.jpg

Reaction score
  • Staff
If I understand what correctly what you are trying to suggest is that a comment can have a subcomment which has a subsubcomment but shows up as a subcomment? And make it so it will show as a comment to the subcomment. This sounds confusing but if this is what you mean i would suggest reddits way of doing this by indenting on the subcomment. Like this:View attachment 9600
And I thought my thread was difficult to understand.

Right now I am replying to you, which was a reply to the thread. I am suggesting that it should be a comment on the reply or a "subcomment" on your "comment", instead of being an actual reply but with a quote of your reply.

This is already a thing on the forums btw. For example the rules discussion section has it enabled. Try pressing "reply" on a reply.

Reaction score
And I thought my thread was difficult to understand.

Right now I am replying to you, which was a reply to the thread. I am suggesting that it should be a comment on the reply or a "subcomment" on your "comment", instead of being an actual reply but with a quote of your reply.

This is already a thing on the forums btw. For example the rules discussion section has it enabled. Try pressing "reply" on a rep
Ahh now i get it, sounds good yeah

Sam

Reaction score
I’ve not looked into this but comments are probably not supported in this type of node. This is a suggestion node, while the rule discussion node is a discussion node.

Reaction score
I’ve not looked into this but comments are probably not supported in this type of node. This is a suggestion node, while the rule discussion node is a discussion node.
I believe that he is suggesting this for the rest of the forums, I understand suggestions are weird. I have also noticed a recent change in the comments function too

Reaction score
  • Staff
I believe that he is suggesting this for the rest of the forums, I understand suggestions are weird. I have also noticed a recent change in the comments function too
I'm suggesting this for every section that has them disabled atm.

Sam

Reaction score
I'm suggesting this for every section that has them disabled atm.
Provide a list of where they don’t work.
It’s not really something that has been done intentionally, probably outdated comment system.

Reaction score
  • Staff
Provide a list of where they don’t work.
It’s not really something that has been done intentionally, probably outdated comment system.
Yeah never said that it was intentional.
It's only on ideas and suggestions apparently (based on my great detective skills). If it's not possible to add it then it's nothing life threatening, just an annoyance.

Sam

Reaction score
It does not seem like the addon supports comments for "suggestion" type nodes :(

We will have to wait for the creator to add support.

Status
Not open for further replies.