Game crashes at workshop complete.

Reaction score
I've had some issues with loading for quite a while now since I got this pc I have Intel UHD graphics with 4 GB RAM 3.69GB usable my previous pc worked fine which was a AMD Radeon Vega 3 graphics but for some reason... its been crashing, yesterday it kind of sorta/ crashed at Lua started basically what would happen is the screen freeze I would initially load into into the game but my screen would be stuck on the Lua started screen. I resolved that yesterday but only once it continued now today I tried it and I have a different error its now at workshop complete it says "Failed to lock vertex buffer in" with some random code jumbly-thingy it says I'm running out of video memory on my GPU card but I only have like 3 or 4 apps installed and I have like 150gb free of space, I'm not rlly sure what the issue is here I tried installing the 4 content packs, I verified my game files and I updated my graphics driver so I'm not sure what I need to do now so please help out.

-thx

no it doesnt say anything it freezes at lua started if i click around or hit space bar it will say it isnt responding probally
You may have to be patient and wait it out, this happens to me all the time, and it loads eventually. When you get the pop-up that it isn't responding, wait and don't click anything.

Are you on the 64-bit branch of gmod?
To check, open Steam and then right-click Garry's Mod and go to properties:
1720956079013.png

Once you are in properties, click Betas and make sure the x86-64 - Chromium + 64-bit binaries box is selected.
1720956200539.png
If it isn't checked, click the Beta Participation box and select the x86-64 - Chromium + 64-bit binaries option.

If that doesn't work, follow these steps:

Go to the General section in the Properties menu, and then put this in the launch parameters: +gmod_mcore_test 1 -gl
1720956708864.png

If none of this works, try making a support ticket on Facepunch's website.

it seems to now crash at lua started
Just making sure, you are on the 64x version of gmod, correct? And did you put the command into the launch parameters?

If you did both of those things and it still isn't working, I'd say to just upgrade your RAM.

If upgrading your RAM is not an option, try closing EVERYTHING in the background while trying to enter the server.
This means, go into the little up arrow at the right of your taskbar and close everything you dont need, except steam ofcourse.

1720974557705.png

If all else fails make a support ticket on Facepunch's website as I previously stated.

Also, try downloading the latest drivers for your Intel graphics card.
This can be done by downloading the Intel Driver and Support Assistant, which can be found here.

Can you share your most recent 5 crashlogs?

well its been the same honestly i didnt get to install my ram wasnt compatible so it doesnt show any crash logs but sometimes it says failed to lock in vertex buffer with some code string and it says im running out of space on my gpu when i have only 3 apps installed currently

You only have four gigabytes of ram. Because you have an onboard graphics card, the required video memory is shared with your RAM. Because it is being shared, the graphics driver cannot allocate enough memory to the GPU because there isn't enough or it is forced to use the virtual memory which is too slow for graphics. No console command, setting, removing programs or driver update is going to help you with this.

You can try to allocate more dedicated memory to your graphics chip in your systems BIOS. You can google how to enter the BIOS and change this setting. Note that this will further reduce the available RAM and slow down other applications. It might also cause a chain reaction and make garry's mod crash because there isn't enough RAM.

Your best choice of action is to buy compatible ram. Let me know if you need help finding out what you need for your machine.

Some people are recommending you go on the 64 bit version of Garry's Mod to fix this. If anything, that will make it even more difficult for you to join: That branch requires more memory. The 32 bit version can only use as much as four gigabytes of memory. You know the saying chrome eats ram? The 64 bit version of Garry's Mod uses chrome to render the menu, uses chrome to load the F1 rules, and uses chrome to laod in-game TV's. Going on 32bit will ofcourse disable all of that, but you might be able to at least join.

well i tried it the first time it worked but i tried it again and it didnt work for some reason this is when i try new ideas for the first time it works but the rest it doesnt

Back