Unit Labels for Government Radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Main idea: Distinction between Police Radio and Dispatch Radio [N].

Discussion Post: https://perpheads.com/threads/labels-for-government-radio.22635/

Description:
Basically when you're on duty as Dispatch, it can be sometimes difficult to determine whether or not someone is speaking directly to you via the Dispatch channel or the generic Government Radio. As of now, it plainly slaps on just the employee's rank next to their name and that's about it. What I am simply suggesting is having some sort of identification on the Police Radio for when people are speaking directly to Dispatch. With this suggestion, instead of having it be the same for both Government and Dispatch radio, it would be changed to:

[Alpha 1] Ethan Limsley - For normal Government Radio (B)

[Alpha 1] Ethan Limsley - For Dispatch Radio (N)

(This can be changed or refined to whatever is deemed most appropriate and most functional for the Police department and for the server, I am just presenting something that can either be directly used, or can be altered if accepted.

Pros:
An example of how this suggestion would benefit those affected by this change is a common problem that I now notice: Users will be speaking indirectly to myself, neglecting to use callsigns or in another informal manner which does not register as speaking to me through the Dispatch radio so I pass it off as them attempting to speak with another Government employee, however, far too often does it turn out they were actually talking to me but failed to properly communicate their message. This is common with newer members of the community and this would really help in those times when the user just simply forgets and it enables an easy way to help educate both the user and the dispatcher on proper radio communication and essentially streamlines the whole ordeal.

Cons: The main problem I can see arise from this is that it's seen as just a waste of time for Fredy and co. While this may be somewhat true, it seems like a rather easy edit and hopefully can be done as I feel a lot of Dispatchers and Government Employees would majorly benefit from this.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Denied

Due to the length of time this thread has been open, it will now be moved to the Denied section.

Status
Not open for further replies.