Gunpointing to unlock door style raid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Disclaimer: I am not here to dispute anything, I am honestly just requesting support from staff on understanding the ruling regarding this matter and what is the permissible way to go about gunpointing a home owner to force unlock doors then raid them as well as the way punishments are handed out in situations relevant to this topic.

I actually sought out the opinion of a helper on this matter and it seemed to be hard to get a proper answer. Something which doesn't make it so easy is that in this case https://perpheads.com/threads/action-request-brinch-dwa-lg-c-j.50248/#post-388753

The users were punished for attempting to gunpoint an individual to unlock their doors then when the person didn't comply, they fled the scene to avoid being arrested for murder as they themselves judged the raid to be not worth it anymore due to the risk level being so high now.

A few interesting points raised in this thread follow this:

and then the staff response was:

Judging by this logically according to the statement above it seems that the implication is the person must be on the property, near the property outside or at the doorway. However later in the end it's stated:

Also lastly the player who was apparently gunpointed to unlock doors just ran which put his life at risk and didn't allow him to Stay Alive so I find it confusing in that regard to the other rules at play when the clear intent was just to take his belongings not kill him yet he decided his belongings were worth more than his life but somehow his actions found no consequences.

Overall this really does confuses me and probably many others. In regards to the matter of the ruling on gunpointing, even the Honorary member

( )

was confused by this as it contradicted the prior statement made by staff in response to the image provided by rxsm.

I would just like to request a clarification so everyone can have a clear understanding of the ruling on what is permissible and what is not?

Also if somebody gunpoints you to take your belongings in a way which you believe contradicts the rules of the server so you decide to not value your life and cause your death, do you just not face any consequence if it turns out you were in the right?

Thank you for reading and I hope we can get a learning experience out of this together for those who are stuck in the same boat as me on this matter as I'm sure we all would love to have an answer.

Solution
Generally, in just raids, the owner already has to be in the property, and therefore at minimum sitting on the doorway of the property, for you to get him to unlock or lock the door and for you to get inside.
if he is nearby his property, such as standing at pub parking lot and he owns morons, you may not force him to come and unlock the door, as you would force him to move from location A to B, hence you would be kidnapping him.
You may, in that case however, force him to surrender to disarm him or give him such orders that would prevent him from dialing police or contacting his org members, until you complete this raid, however you may not take items that he would drop upon surrendering, as you would be mugging him (in public).
Reaction score
Generally, in just raids, the owner already has to be in the property, and therefore at minimum sitting on the doorway of the property, for you to get him to unlock or lock the door and for you to get inside.
if he is nearby his property, such as standing at pub parking lot and he owns morons, you may not force him to come and unlock the door, as you would force him to move from location A to B, hence you would be kidnapping him.
You may, in that case however, force him to surrender to disarm him or give him such orders that would prevent him from dialing police or contacting his org members, until you complete this raid, however you may not take items that he would drop upon surrendering, as you would be mugging him (in public).

Solution
Reaction score
You linked an AR and attached an image with a response from @Ellie who sums it up pretty nicely, if you just read that and adhere to what she said you will not run into any problems. This thread is basically unnecessary if you just read what said staff member stated in the AR.

Status
Not open for further replies.