Forcing someone to unlock a base door? Allowed or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
So from recent events @ALOO89 Has been banned from the amazing perpheads server. The ban was then extended do to aloo gun pointing a user to his base and forcing them to unlock the door(Before this aloo seen the user walk out and lock the door behind him. Clearly and 100% knew it was his base ETC). The user droped his gun that aloo picked up and forced his way into the base while gping him. In my eyes this has always been allowed and has been dont countless amounts of times, Even by high end staff members in the admin+ team. In the ban dispute there are even videos given in with staff doing this and still being allowed. As said by @Mim
DENIED

It was completely fine for them to gunpoint you outside, as long as their intentions were to make you force the doors open and not to mug you.

Reviewed with SpaceShots

Aloo's intentions wasn't to mug this user but only to raid him. From what aloo has been told in the past along with the community this has been alloewd. I think aloo picked up the pistol from the guy and generally forgot to give it back. Is this really worth an extended ban over? No in my opinion it really isn't. I have seen the PM between Aloo and flugs and he was happy and willingly ready to give the pistol back. If I remember correctly he stated "if you would give me the guys name/steam name I will give it to him I forgot in the heat of the moment"

I would like the opinions of the amazing PERPHEADS community.

Am I just understanding this the complete wrong way or what?

LegendRF

Communication Banned
Reaction score
I guess if you don't want to get raided these days just leave the apartment before they drop a bomb and if they gunpoint you then report them :)

unknown.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
This is not a simple yes or no question like you're implying. From what I can make out of your story Aloo mugged the guy bye taking his gun. Which is against the server rules. You can not force a player from a public place to a private one to take his items.

Reaction score
This is not a simple yes or no question like you're implying. From what I can make out of your story Aloo mugged the guy bye taking his gun. Which is against the server rules. You can not force a player from a public place to a private one to take his items.
her is the video
we didnt mug him i just forgot about his gun i take it at the end of the raid when we was going to go out the apartment was going to give him back but forgot about it and im ready to RR him for the gun

Reaction score
The taking of the gun can be seen a very simple mistake and in the heat of the moment, My issue is they are claiming this isnt allowed in general. Apperently Gping someone to unlock there door isnt allowed. And, I am sorry but if people like @LEWIS 088 Didn't know this no one will really know this. I count lewis as one of the best current perp staff members. I have even showed videos and past reports of staff doing it themself....

Reaction score
In all honesty, I dont really think taking only his gun can be considered mugging. Just disarming him...

Reaction score
In all honesty, I dont really think taking only his gun can be considered mugging. Just disarming him...
The gun you carry on you is probably the most valuable item you got on you. This way players are no longer effectively protected to public mugging. Because people can always use the excuse: "I was trying to disarm him". You would also be mad if you lose a gun that costs over 20k this way.

Reaction score
The gun you carry on you is probably the most valuable item you got on you. This way players are no longer effectively protected to public mugging. Because people can always use the excuse: "I was trying to disarm him". You would also be mad if you lose a gun that costs over 20k this way.
I'd rather the gun to be lost then be mugged for like 400k lol

Reaction score
lose gun bester than loseing my iteams maybe it worth more + more crafting time for the iteams

Reaction score
Yeah but then again, had he not been outside he would've lost the gun by getting shot right? Getting raided should just = gun loss (Unless you win). Losing a gun should not be considered mugging.

Reaction score
her is the video
we didnt mug him i just forgot about his gun i take it at the end of the raid when we was going to go out the apartment was going to give him back but forgot about it and im ready to RR him for the gun
I feel like in regards to firearms, it would be silly to give back a firearm to someone you just raided unless you want a bullet in the back of your head

Reaction score
I feel like in regards to firearms, it would be silly to give back a firearm to someone you just raided unless you want a bullet in the back of your head
will that what the rules say we should give the gun back other way it will be (MUG)

i agree with you hendricks

Reaction score
Yeah but then again, had he not been outside he would've lost the gun by getting shot right? Getting raided should just = gun loss (Unless you win). Losing a gun should not be considered mugging.
Exactly, how can you also give back a firearm to someone you just raided lol, they're going to shoot you, and it's effectively just asking to be killed. Unless the person was zip tied with the firearm, then fair enough it would be wrong to take the gun or any other item but as shown in the video, it would be illogical to keep a gun with the property owner that he can just use the second you turn your back

Reaction score
Here's my opinion if anyone cares.

Basic terminology needs to be explained/added that are core features and/or mechanics of the gamemode itself to avoid confusion. What counts as a mugging? What's a civilian raid?

The rules needs an addition where disarming someone of their weapon does not count as mugging, the best way to disarm someone would be to zip tie their hands (and technically speaking by shooting them in the face), if this isn't possible tell them to drop their weapon. Demanding the magazines of said gun or other ammunition would count as mugging so you're only allowed to make them drop their weapons as long as you don't keep them. Lethal equipment like molotov cocktails, flashbang/stun grenades and frag grenades counts as disarming and should be dropped if found or demanded.

Then again you should think twice if you want to give back the firearm to someone you just raided. The best course of action with the current mindset of the rules would be to take out the magazine and place it next to the weapon to make it safer for yourself.

3.25 Drug Harvesting/Mugging​

Players may not harvest drugs or mug players while being raided or when they suspect they are about to get raided if they don’t have a significant chance to escape the situation. (For example if you know you can escape you may do so with the drugs, although you will have to drop what you harvested if you’re caught by the police/raiders)
Needs rewording.

As for gunpointing someone to make them open a door I see no issue with this as long as you don't mug anyone's belongings they currently have on their person, let them take the stuff inside my apartment I really don't care as long as I get to keep the 200K on me.

Reaction score
I mean taking his gun isn't really mugging is it? He would've lost the gun anyway by being killed if greater force was used to conduct the raid, but the rules state it's a "mugging" which really makes no sense at all

Reaction score
i had similar encounter i war raiding an appartment with a friend and when tried to disarm the occupant in public didnt give gun back ( didnt know at the time was mugging )

Reaction score
I wouldn't say taking a gun off of a player whilst reading will be 'mugging' you are disarming the player. what you supposed to do after that, give thee gun back turn around and you've been shot in the back?

Reaction score
in my case for example i should have left him kill my friend then kill him? i guess that would make it ok

Reaction score
yes this is absolutely fine to do. The only reason that bobby pins exist is to gain entry when 90% of the time the owner or an affiliate is not around.
The only limitation of this is that you can't hold keys at the same time as holding a weapon, so it's near impossible to retaliate legitimately; though this is why you should always base with a team

Status
Not open for further replies.