When do you open a car door?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello,

I had a discusion with @Slayerduck regarding when door of a car is opend for you.

He said: That if you unlock the car with you're keys while standing outside it's open.

I said: No you just unlock the door by doing that. You need to use the /me fuction to open it.

It confused me. Could prefarably a staff member tell who is right. Joe is a experienced member. So he made me doubt.

I was in cuffs BTW

Any one?
@Racxes
@Youseff
@John Daymon

Last edited:
Reaction score
I was told a while ago that @Bolli had said that /me open's door or whatever is just a formality and is in no way necessary, so you are in no need to do it anyways so either way is right if you are just doing it as a formality as there is no defined way in the rules. It really is just personal preference. Personally I do neither and if the player starts complaining the door isn't open I force them in and inform them in LOOC it isn't necessary.

Reaction score
You don't use the /me function nor the keys when entering a car as passanger, meaning its never nessesary to do so when the door has to be opened for you. i was told by several people and bolli sad a while ago it wasn't nessesary.

itsnothl2rp

Reaction score
I was told a while ago that @Bolli had said that /me open's door or whatever is just a formality and is in no way necessary, so you are in no need to do it anyways so either way is right if you are just doing it as a formality as there is no defined way in the rules. It really is just personal preference. Personally I do neither and if the player starts complaining the door isn't open I force them in and inform them in LOOC it isn't necessary.

But under realistic actions: when you are in cuffs you can't open the door you're self to get in. And you can't step inside a closed car.

@Sneaky

Reaction score
But under realistic actions: You can't open the door you're self to get in. And you can't step inside a closed car.
Look at it this way, when you go to enter your cruiser or even just your car do you do /me opens door and then sit in it then /me closes door? I hope the answer is no cause that's like well odd but yeah so why would you do it for a suspect? criminals just try and make you think it's a necessity so they have more chance of escaping and slyly stalling.

I could be wrong though this is just what I was told by someone ages ago.

Reaction score
Look at it this way, when you go to enter your cruiser or even just your car do you do /me opens door and then sit in it then /me closes door? I hope the answer is no cause that's like well odd but yeah so why would you do it for a suspect?
But in that case you could argue that you atomaticly did open the door during to proces of entering you're car. You can't autmaticly do it when you're hands are cuffed behind you're back. So some one els has to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.